New BD writer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New BD writer

I just recently purchased a BD writer for backing pictures and videos. The writer came with a free disc, so I tried making a back up of splice to test it out and when i burned the data back to a blank BD-R it will play fine on the PC but wont even show up on my PS3. Not sure if there an option i am missing and dont have checked or what?

I know about Dvd's and why they wouldn't read but being new to BD-R's i got no clue.

OH, when selcting from the drop down option, I used the "BD25 1080p/i" option when writing it back to disc, i was using a 25G verbatim disc
    any info is appreciated
    Last edited by kradnam; 10-15-2010, 10:08 PM.

Please check if the disc format can be support by your PS3.

Originally posted by kradnam View Post
    I just recently purchased a BD writer for backing pictures and videos. The writer came with a free disc, so I tried making a back up of splice to test it out and when i burned the data back to a blank BD-R it will play fine on the PC but wont even show up on my PS3. Not sure if there an option i am missing and dont have checked or what?

I know about Dvd's and why they wouldn't read but being new to BD-R's i got no clue.

OH, when selcting from the drop down option, I used the "BD25 1080p/i" option when writing it back to disc, i was using a 25G verbatim disc
    any info is appreciated
    Hi Kradnam,

1.Please check if the disc format can be support by your PS3. Our suggestion is that you should try using a different brand/format media to burn again.

2.Also, please check if your PS3 can or not support the format of playback (PAL, NTSC or SECAM). We don't touch the conversion between them.

Comment

Normally even if the original disc was Pal, the PS3 would at least show a Dvd or BD icon, this time it didn't show any icon.

found al ink and according to patch 2.20 they added support for LTH disc v1.2, whatever that means. just not feeling like burning 5 BD-R's till i get one lol.

Thanks for any info.

Comment

the PS3 will play verbatim just fine! (verbatim is one of the best disc to use)

what burni8ng software are you using? my advice if youre using VSO burn engine...stop, and use Imgburn.

When burning a BD-R for the PS3, you should make sure you are using "File System: UDF 2.50" and it should contain the BDMV & Certifcate folders.

...Then you should have no problems.

(and burn at a slower speed to ensure less chance of error, 2x - 4x speed)
        Last edited by crackinhedz; 10-16-2010, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X