Did I copy my movie correctly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I copy my movie correctly?

My intentions were to copy the entire Blu-Ray disc; menus, extras and all audio formats to an external hard drive. I was told to do so that I need to make and ISO.

So sing DVDfab8 and my store bought blu-Ray disc, "Chris Botti & Friends" concert, I created an ISO file and saved it to my computer's external hard drive. But during playback on my computer, no menus or options appear. The concert just starts.

Please tell me if I did it correctly....

DVDfab8 seemed pretty easy, I used Blu-Ray copy option (not rip) and then the first selection which was 'Full Disc'. I then selected to save the ISO on and external hard drive, which it did perfectly.

Using Nero Media Player, I was able to play the ISO file on my computer. However, normally in our home theater, when putting in a Blu-Ray or DVD disc in the player, the menu system pops up first, giving me the options to select audio format, extras, and etc. On the computer, the movie immediately started with no menu selections. Did I do anything wrong when creating my ISO?

In DVDfab, within the Blu-Ray copy section, the 3rd option is 'Clone', what is the difference between 'clone' and 'Full Disc'?

Originally posted by BKSinAZ View Post
    Using Nero Media Player, I was able to play the ISO file on my computer. However, normally in our home theater, when putting in a Blu-Ray or DVD disc in the player, the menu system pops up first, giving me the options to select audio format, extras, and etc. On the computer, the movie immediately started with no menu selections. Did I do anything wrong when creating my ISO?
    You did everything right, created ISO of a full disc and so on. the problem is that DVDFab do not support BR menus yet. Developers are working on it, but I can't give you a timeline. However, player's menu should give you a planty of options to navigate content. Player you're using, to say at least, not best one out there. I would suggest to use VLC Player for ISO: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=11
    or Media Player Classic (google it) for everything else. Both players are freeware and do not require any external codecs.

In DVDfab, within the Blu-Ray copy section, the 3rd option is 'Clone', what is the difference between 'clone' and 'Full Disc'?
    Clone is literally a bit-to-bit copy of your original disc. All regional settings and protection remains there too.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Blu-ray Copy-Clone makes perfect 1:1 bit-to-bit copy of Blu-ray.

Originally posted by BKSinAZ View Post
      My intentions were to copy the entire Blu-Ray disc; menus, extras and all audio formats to an external hard drive. I was told to do so that I need to make and ISO.

So sing DVDfab8 and my store bought blu-Ray disc, "Chris Botti & Friends" concert, I created an ISO file and saved it to my computer's external hard drive. But during playback on my computer, no menus or options appear. The concert just starts.

Please tell me if I did it correctly....

DVDfab8 seemed pretty easy, I used Blu-Ray copy option (not rip) and then the first selection which was 'Full Disc'. I then selected to save the ISO on and external hard drive, which it did perfectly.

Hi BKSinAZ,

Blu-ray Copy-Clone makes perfect 1:1 bit-to-bit copy of Blu-ray. That means it will also copy the protection of the original disc. So please use other copy modes if you want to get a region free disc.

Comment

Working...
      X