Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird speed issue on High-End PC!

Hi everybody

I hope you can help me, cause I'm going MAD!!..

First let me give you my specs:

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
    Intel Core i7 860
    8GB DDR3 RAM
    Nvidia GTX285 1GB RAM
    DVDFab v8.0.0.5.

I have tried resetting DMA, I have even tried reinstalling my machine. Just to be sure this was not the problem. No luck so far.

If I choose to make a one to one copy 50GB to 50GB Blu-Ray I get a speed on about 7-9MB/S. So I know my drive is ok.

BUT if I choose to encode the Blu-Ray to 720P 5GB - my speed is only 1.4MB/S (About 6-7 hours for a 2hour movie).

The weird part is, that I remember ripping Blu-Rays with a lot faster speed (about 2 hours pr. movie) on the same above specs and on DVDFab version 8.0.0.5. So it can't caused by a DVDFab version bug.

I have tried with and without CUDA, but speed stays slow. I have done some system testing, while the ripping is running, and it is almost as if DVDFab don't know what hardware it is running on. Cause my CPU load in taskmanager is 1-8% and my GPU load is about the same. I can verify that the option "Turbo CPU" is enabled in DVDfab.

I reformated my PC, installing only the newest drivers, and the same DVDfab version as before to make sure nothing else was conflicting, but still no luck.

I am sorry to say, but I am all out of ideas.

P.S. I tried using FurMARK on my GPU, and I can asure you it can perform, but weirdly enough not with DVDFab.

How do I make DVDfab use my PC Powers ?

Please help me.

snowatom
    Last edited by snowatom; 10-18-2010, 10:02 PM. Reason: an extra remark

Update to latest Official release or better yet update to latest Beta release Give another try and if same problem post the logs. Logs are located in document-dvdfab-log

Comment

Hi AGJ

Well, as my testing shows It have worked well before with version 8.0.0.5, and I have problems with the newest version, it fails before it starts ripping. But haven't tested it thourgly.

But I have news yet again. My father also uses DVDfab, and he has a system similar to mine. Only he has 16GB of RAM, and a i7 920.

I tried my movies on his system, and his speed is the same. But he also remembered it to be faster. ???? OK ?

Well, it seems, that the two movies I have tried with (Indianna Jones 4 & Star Trek) are extremly slow. If I rip Mamma Mia, and other movies, I get a speed of 8MB/S, and I can actually see my PC CPU's working.

So the speed I am getting depends on the movies ? - isn't a Blu-Ray movie a standard ?

Can anyone tell me what is happening ?

snowatom

Comment

Hi snowatom:
        Would you please tell me what BDs you ripped? Since the different video stream are decoder by different engine.
        So far rippping the VC1 format BDs need about 4hrs. The interleaving will take more time.
        But decoder technique will update next version 8025beta. It will support Mulit-thread decoder for VC1 and h.264.

Thanks,
        Potti

Comment

Originally posted by 1st!_Blood% View Post
          Hi snowatom:
          Would you please tell me what BDs you ripped? Since the different video stream are decoder by different engine.
          So far rippping the VC1 format BDs need about 4hrs. The interleaving will take more time.
          But decoder technique will update next version 8025beta. It will support Mulit-thread decoder for VC1 and h.264.

Thanks,
          Potti
          This member already mentioned in his last post the 2 Blu-rays that give slow rip time Indianna Jones 4 & Star Trek. I assume means Star Trek 11 since it latest one released. Also mentioned Mamma Mia and others give fast rip

Comment

Hi again

Yes the Star Trek movie that is slow besides Indiana Jones 4 is Star Trek 11 (2009).

Well, it is nice to see that, a release with better performance is under development.
            But the best thing is, that my hardware is ok ;o) - and other's experience the same.

I did not know, that Blu-Ray movies was in different formats, I thought everything was Progressive H264. Makes one wonder how many of the Blu-Ray movies that are just an upscale.

snowatom

Comment

Hi, try the v8032.

Comment

Working...
              X