A few minutes in loop.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few minutes in loop.

I am having trouble copying many Blu-ray movies. Avatar, The Fifth Element, Kick Ass, to name a few. The problem is that no matter if I copy the whole movie first or not, it seems that the movie gets a few minutes in and restarts from a couple minutes back. I have had success with other movies though such as Cars. Any ideas? My system is a Dell Studio XPS 1640 laptop with the Panasonic Blu-ray burner. Thanks.

Hi, theonlydox,

Please open Common Settings->General->A/V Codec, set video decoder as software and set video encoder as software, then copy this movie to your HDD first to check if you can play the copied movie smoothly on your computer, if can, then you can burn it to your blank disc to see the result.

Comment

Originally posted by malcolm View Post
      Hi, theonlydox,

Please open Common Settings->General->A/V Codec, set video decoder as software and set video encoder as software, then copy this movie to your HDD first to check if you can play the copied movie smoothly on your computer, if can, then you can burn it to your blank disc to see the result.
      Tried what you suggested. Still having the same results.

Comment

Hi theonlydox,

Please install Imgburn at , open "Common Settings/write", set the burning engine as Imgburn.

Please use Full Disc or Clone mode to creat ISO file for these movies, save on HDD, then burn with Imgburn again to see if you can get good backups or not.

Kind regards,
        Sunny
        ________
        Last edited by sunny; 04-21-2011, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Use this tutorial found in link below for setting up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Watch the youtube Video

Comment

The problem exists before I burn to a Blu-ray disc. I have never had a problem burning using the basic tools provided by the program. Every movie I have been successful at copying I have previewed before burning to see if any mistakes have happened in the copying process. I use the preview area and watch the entire film. While watching, some of the movies make it to about the second chapter then suddenly loop back a few minutes into the film. The last successful copy was Cars. Am now trying to copy The Fifth Element and am suprized that a movie I bought 2 years ago is having the same issue with looping back.

Comment

What you mean by use the preview? You use the preview window on DVDFab while you rip to hard drive? If that is what you do then do not watch the preview and just rip and save the movie to hard drive. Then use a softplayer like PowerDVD, TMT3 or similar to play the ripped folder to see if it loops. The preview window is not the finished rip but a window to use to see if subtitles are present, sound is present and so on.

Comment

The preview window. After I have created a clone of the movie, I then watch the clone of the movie off of my hard drive before burning it to disc. I have tried to watch the movie with PowerDVD and have the same issue. I have tried to just burn the image to see if the problem still exists, and it does the same thing when trying to play off the disc.

Comment

So you are using Clone mode for Blu-ray? Could you try using Full Disc instead and rip to hard drive. Then play that with PowerDVD to see if same problem. I do not have the repeat loop and use Full Disc to harddrive before I convert to WMV.

Full Disc copies the whole content including all movies, menus and trailers while Clone makes perfect 1:1 bit-to-bit copy of Blu-ray which includes data that not part of movie, menus, trailers and bonus material.

I think this may be a problem with Clone mode and if you test using Full Disc and do not have the problem then that will verify that

Comment

I tried to copy The Fifth Element using the Full Disc option instead. Trying to preview the movie with DVDFab nets the same results. Next chapter into the film and the movie loops back a few minutes. I tried to watch the movie file created by this process with Windows Media Player to see if it nets the same results. WMP plays it just fine, but it will only play the french audio track (not that I was concered about that). So is the problem with DVDFab then? I am leary of copying a movie if I can't verify the copy process worked as Bluray blank discs are still pricy.

Comment

The Preview window is new and may still have some bugs to fix. Before you burn to blank media save to hard drive and check if it plays using WMP or other. Better yet buy a BD-RE(rewritable) blank media so you can burn to disc and check that way before you use those expensive permanent ones

As for the French when veiwed with WMP you may have selected the French audio and need to select the english audio.

Comment

Looks like that was the problem. Play back on some bluray movies in the preview window doesn't work. I tried to just burn the movies that I was having trouble with, and they seemed to work. Watching Avatar now on my PS3 to be sure the single layer bluray disc burn worked ok. Thanks for the help on this one.

Comment

Working...
                        X