Bluray 1:1 copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluray 1:1 copy

Hello forum. I have been all over the internet searching for the best way to copy a bluray BD-R disc to another BD-R disc.

I work for an animation copy, and the studio sent us a Bluray BD-R with the movie. We need to duplicate this BD-R movie disc and give to some partners and distributors.

What is the best way to do this? I tried DVDFab bluray Clone and only Full Movie. for the clone option i chose to write the iso to the hard drive, the movie only option was on the fly.

I even tried just copying the bluray folder structure (movie folder and certificate) to the desktop and then burning to a BD-R. My PS3 can not play and one of our partners could play it on his standalone player.

Please help. Highly appreciated.

Rodrigo

use the program Imgburn to make your BD-R.

if using the folder structure, you have to ensure the "file system" is set to UDF 2.50 for it to work with the PS3 and stand alone bluray players.

...and burn at a slower speed helps.

Comment

If the original has no protection on it, simply use ImgBurn to create your ISO then burn it. ImgBurn is free, http://www.imgburn.com.

If the original has AACS on it, use DVDFab to do "Clone" and make an ISO file for a destination. Exit out of DVDFab, start ImgBurn, then write the ISO to disc.

If the original is dual layers, you will need a dual layer blank.

You could use DVDFab instead of ImgBurn to write if you want, but I feel ImgBurn is more reliable overall.

Comment

guys, thank you a lot with your responses.

We used DVDfab to clone the disc. This made it playable on a brand new Insignia (best buy brand) BD player, but not the PS3. Our boss could not play it on his old BD player.

I will try using ImgBrn as recommended. Dont want to abuse the help i was given, but what will be the best method. To copy the BDMV and CERTIFICATE folder to the desktop and burn, or to use ImgBrn to clone the disk? If using ImgBrn to create and burn the iso, what should be the settings (besides the pointers given by crackinhedz)?

@Allnight no AACS, the disc is a BD-R movie screener from our studio.

I appreciate all the help from you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by rodrigogar View Post
          To copy the BDMV and CERTIFICATE folder to the desktop and burn
          Yes, you can copy the movie in file mode, which results in BDMV & Certificate folders.

Open Imgburn and select "Write Files/Folders to Disc", or under the "mode" tab, select "build". (Same things)

Drag and Drop the BDMV & Certificate folders.

Under the 'options' tab over on the right, make sure File System is set to UDF 2.50

Burn at a low speed (2x-4x) for best results.

This should guarantee playback on the PS3 and all stand alone players.

Comment

Originally posted by crackinhedz View Post
            Yes, you can copy the movie in file mode, which results in BDMV & Certificate folders.

Open Imgburn and select "Write Files/Folders to Disc", or under the "mode" tab, select "build". (Same things)

Drag and Drop the BDMV & Certificate folders.

Under the 'options' tab over on the right, make sure File System is set to UDF 2.50

Burn at a low speed (2x-4x) for best results.

This should guarantee playback on the PS3 and all stand alone players.
            crackinhedz, thanks again.

I tried creating an iso with ImgBrn and then burning at the lowest supported speed of the disc (4x). The original disc is UDF 2.50, and my Ps3 with the latest firmware update wont even recognize the disc again.

We have "lost" over 10 discs trying to burn the disc, granted that with DVDfab clone will play in a new bluray player, am still concerned about older players and PS3.

Do you advice to try file method? Copying the 2 folders from disc to PC and then Burn the folders as instructed by you?

Thanks once more.

Comment

Originally posted by rodrigogar View Post
              Do you advice to try file method? Copying the 2 folders from disc to PC and then Burn the folders as instructed by you?
              yeah, I would give it a try...I use that method and have never had any problems playing BD-R's on my PS3.

what brand disc are you using? Verbatim and Sony are the better brands, try not to use Memorex.
              Last edited by crackinhedz; 10-29-2010, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X