Dvdfab8 won't detect blank RD-R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dvdfab8 won't detect blank RD-R

I have a new Lite-On blu-ray burner (IHBS104-06) and am using Optical Quantum blank discs (OQBDR04LT-25). I am using the latest version of DVDFab8 v8.0.2.8, but when I try to burn a disc is says that the blank disc is not a blu-ray. I originally got it to work twice, but in the last week I can't get it to detect the blank blu-rays. I'm going to try and order some Memorex discs and see if that will help. Any suggestions?

Install ImgBurn and configure DVDFab and ImgBurn to work together. Link to download ImgBurn and tutorial on how to set them up to work together below

Watch youtube video and do not forget to set the AWS(automatic write speed) for the blank media

Comment

Originally posted by llmackie View Post
      Any suggestions?
      yeah, don't buy Memorex.

...have you tried updating the Lite-On's driver?

Using Imgburn as AGJ mentioned is good advice.

Comment

Hi, llmackie,

You can try with Imgburn first: After the installlation of Imgburn, click the round green icon button with a check mark at the right top corner of the DVDFab screen, open "Common Settings" window, click on "write", set the burning engine as Imgburn, then burn again to see the result.

If you still meet the same issue, you may check if the disc is compatible with you burner: Nowadays, there are many drive/media compatibility problems, and our suggestion is that you should try using a different brand/format media, check your writer manufacturers site for a list of recommended media to use and also check if there are any firmware updates available for your Writer.

Another great website for compatibility information:

Sincerely Yours
        Malcolm Wang

Comment

Working...
        X