Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BlueRay to VOB? or Blueray to Frontrow playable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BlueRay to VOB? or Blueray to Frontrow playable?

I use Apple's Frontrow as my media center, and currently convert my DVD's to VOB for easy playback, and it works great! I've started buying more and more Bluerays, BUT I am not sure how to get a BlueRay movie to play in Frontrow. I l know I can use VLC or other apps to play Blueray movies on the Mac, but the Frontrow (remote only) user experience cant be beat (and yes, I've tried the more clunky Plex and Boxee) .

I've tried it 1:1 or bd5, etc, but I dont think either my Mac or network is fast enough to stream it. SO, what I'd like to do is convert the Bluerays to normal DVD (video_ts folder) format, so at least I can see them on Frontrow. The video_ts format is really ideal since Frontrow will auto start playing it when the folder is clicked on. But, I can still use a normal single movie format I think, as long as FrontRow supports it. I tried converting to mp4, but the video was very stuttery and the audio was seconds out of sync.

Also, I wanted to add, it would be GREAT to reduce the size of the movie to something more manageable. A size of < 7GB would be great.

I'm not sure if HD -> VOB is a common request, but I'd use use it! Please chime in if you'd use it too.

ps - [a little rant] whats with the DVDFab logo on the top of my conversions?!?! I already paid for the software - IMO it shouldn't be there, even if it does go away after a while - very unprofessional in my opinion.
    Last edited by Sub; 10-28-2010, 05:30 AM.

Originally posted by Sub View Post
    Also, I wanted to add, it would be GREAT to reduce the size of the movie to something more manageable. A size of < 7GB would be great.
    Give the Blu-ray Ripper a try especially the iphone/ipod or ipad choice

I'm not sure if HD -> VOB is a common request, but I'd use use it! Please chime in if you'd use it too.
    This is in the works and has been talked about on the forum. Below are some links that you would have found if you did a forum search first before posting

ps - [a little rant] whats with the DVDFab logo on the top of my conversions?!?! I already paid for the software - IMO it shouldn't be there, even if it does go away after a while - very unprofessional in my opinion.
    DVDFab did not register correctly so give the link below a try to fix problem as the paid version does not have the logo like the trial does

Comment

Working...
    X