102 Read Error - The Great Raid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

102 Read Error - The Great Raid

I've been a long time DVDFab user for both DVDs and over the last 6 months, BDs. It's worked great for both and I've had little or no issues using the product since I purchased it.

Recently I've run into a problem on a BD with a movie called THE GREAT RAID. I'm typically converting the whole disk without any compression to an ISO image. I've done this many times before without issue but on this particular movie, around 73 to 74% into the process I get a read error. Reviewing the log indicates a 102 read error during the task 1 stage of the process. The BD is new and there isn't any visable issues with the disk. I even took the disk back and it was replaced with a new disk....... same problem at approximately the same location on the disk. I've responded to the error message indicating to retry and sometimes it will creep forward on % complete, then stop, again with repeated retries, making little or no progress.

I've reset the DMA on the drive using the button on the General Settings page, cleaned the lens on the drive with a disk lens cleaner, changed from copy to cloneing the BD, all with no change. I'm currently using version 8022 and also have used version 7082 and the results are the same.

Internal log shows no issues, process log only indicates the above issue. All hard drive systems are NTFS with over 100GB of available space on each. I've also ran a couple of other different BDs with conversion to ISOs after this problem and have no issues converting them to an ISO........

Running Vista 32 bit with 4GB memory, Athlon dual core, Lite-On 8x internal SATA.

An insight would be appreciated...........

Hi AV_Addict,

Please try install DVDFab 8.0.3.0 Beta at

to copy this BD movie again to see the result.
    ________
    How to roll a blunt
    Last edited by sunny; 04-21-2011, 01:56 PM.

Comment

sunny....

I installed the latest beta version, 8030, and it got up to 73.01% with 102 read error again. Thanks for the suggestion, it was worth a try. It did appear this version sped up the read time, I'm guessing by about 20%. It was noticable over the previous version. It would be nice to see the check box that was in version 7 reinserted into version 8, to allow a shut down after the ripping was complete.

Thanks again for the help. Any other possible solutions?

Comment

Originally posted by AV_Addict View Post
        It would be nice to see the check box that was in version 7 reinserted into version 8, to allow a shut down after the ripping was complete
        That is still on the DVDFab GUI! Where you see the toolbar that has info, preview and option. Click Option and you will see it

Comment

Originally posted by: AGJ
          That is still on the DVDFab GUI! Where you see the toolbar that has info, preview and option. Click Option and you will see it
          AGJ,

Thanks for the lead, I hadn't explored the other changes from the previous version.

Any other ideas to resolve this issue? Could it be a bad pressing of the BD?

Comment

could be as you mentioned you have done other BD since this one. Have you tried to rip as folder instead of ISO? Also have you tried to change the settings for when you get read errors in Common settings

Comment

Yes, I've probably tried a combination of ways, including ignoring errors and multiple retries, with no success including some of the same ways using a more thorough analysis. I appreciate your help, but I think I'll move on as I've invested way too much time to resolve this movie.

The software is still a great product, I think there is something inherently wrong with the production of the version of the disk I have. Thanks.........

Comment

Working...
              X