The Day After Tomorrow - Need Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just done a successful clone of The Day After Tomorrow. I loaded virtual drive. PowerDVD 10 Mark II loads the ISO file but nothing plays. I have no idea what is going on here. If you have any suggestions I'm all eyes.

Your help would be appreciated.

I just installed virtual drive 1.1.1.7 with no change.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sandman49; 10-29-2010, 03:20 AM.

I cannot figure out why when I clone "The Day After Tomorrow" to an ISO file successfully it will not play back using DVDFab Virtual Drive and PowerDvD 10 Mark II?

I have Imgburn selected. Does Imgburn create an ISO file when cloning a disc or only when Full Disc is selected?

Please any ideas you might have I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
    T

Comment

You only need one thread for this matter so I merged the 2 of them together. Keep all posts about this in this thread please.

Comment

I guess I'm confused as to what you mean by
        " I clone(d) "The Day After Tomorrow" to an ISO file successfully"...
        if it won't play.

Is this reproducible with Full Disc mode?
        Reproducible with other discs?
        I'd try it again, but with an updtaed version...ie., 8030 Beta.

Clone mode will always create an .ISO whether Img or VSO is utilized
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I've just backed up Grand Torino, Taken, and DEJAVU and all play just fine. I have not tried to compress from 50GB to 25GB yet.

When I say cloned successfully that is what DVDFab reports. It's just when I try to play it back that I get a blank screen.

Now the funny thing is when PowerDVD 10 is open you have the tabs on the top left of the window. Under Movie it has the virtual drive letter and label of the movie. If I move to the Video tab it has yhr file structure there and if I click on 00001.m2ts file the movie plays fine. Again this is the just the cloned ISO file and is not compressed.

So any idea what I should do now?

Comment

I guess I'm still not connecting the dots here.
            "I've just backed up Grand Torino, Taken, and DEJAVU and all play just fine"
            So these were done in clone mode and play ok?

So the only movie that's proved troublesome is The Day After Tomorrow?
            Not sure why you need a cloned copy if you plan to compress to BD25 anyway?
            Do I have all this right?

I don't know what's up with PowerDVD, and to be honest, I'm not much of a fan, but hey, to each his own.
            I'd appreciate you try testing with Media Player Classic.
            MPC won't play .Iso files directly, but will play them if mounted with DVDFab Virtual drive.

MPC is free, very easy to use and very useful.
            See if you can play the 'problem" clone after mounting to a virtual drive.
            Here you go:

Media Player Classic Home Cinema

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

So yes using ver 8.0.2.2 I made a clone of grand Torino, Taken and DEJAVU. I then started virtual drive and mounted the drive and selected the ISO file. For these 3 backups they played as they should using PowerDVD 10.

Using the same version I made a clone of The Day After Tomorrow. It completed normally but would not play as I described above. Just a black screen.

I did what you said and downloaded and installed MPC from the link you gave me. This time the movie played but the audio was just a busing noise. I might not have the right audio codec. However I have just about all the codec's out there installed. So don't know what is happening now.

To your answer as to why I make a clone is because it was taking forever to copy to HD. Now using this method it takes about 45 min to clone the disk and about 1 1/2 hours to compress to HD. I am doing it this way because I making a lot of coasters.

Comment

Gotcha, I wasn't even certain you were burning bkups.

One of my original suggestions was to re-rip The Day After Tomorrow, but first update to 8030 Beta.
                Then, playback the ripped files from the hdd to test out the audio.
                No point in making another coaster.

Strange that it takes clone mode to create a usable bkup for you...doesn't make sense to me, but at least it's working for you.

Re: the buzzing audio...do you strip out the HD audio or do you use it on playback?

Comment

OK I will upgrade to 8.0.3.0 and re-rip the disc. Re removing the the HD. In clone mode that option is not there. However I thing if go to general settings I select to remove HD.

Usually when I take the 50GB ISO file and select Full Disc to compress to 25GB ISO I do select remove HD.

However with the Day After Tomorrow I never got the compression stage.

For me the this is a 3 stage process.

1)clone to ISO
                  2)full disc to ISO
                  3)write data disc

This has worked for me.

Thanks for your help. I'm going to upgrade now and clone the disc. I will get back to you in about an hour.

Comment

DVDFab 8.0.3.1 Beta is out install that one instead http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.p...9448#post59448 but then it the only Beta available even if using the V8.0.3.0 Beta link

Comment

I tried the upgrade and now it wont even let me clone a disc. As soon as it starts the clone I get Task 1 failed error 103

what now
                      Attached Files

Comment

So I had to un-install DVDFab and remove all entries in the registry. I was then able to install 8.0.3.1.

I just finished cloning the Day After Tomorrow. Clone was successful. However when I tried to play back using virtual drive and PowerDVD 10 that didn't work. So I tried MPC got the picture but the audio was busing again.

I'm going to try it one more time and remove the HD audio and see what happens. This time I'm going to compress the file so it will be a while before I can post the results.

I've included the logs from the last clone. If you see anything please let my know.

Thanks,
                        T
                        Attached Files

Comment

Geesh, it doesn't bode well that the beta versions are coming so quickly.
                          Seems like one problem is fixed and another created or in your case, the situation worsens still.

I'll do some testing...

Ok, I just tried rips to .ISO of IP Man.
                          Used:
                          8029 Beta
                          8030 Beta
                          8031 Beta

All are successful so it doesn't look like a pervasive problem with any specific, recent version.

There are a few ways that come to mind immediately to approach your current problem (that unfortunately, was made worse with the update).

1) Simply install 8022 on top and chances are, you'll be back to where you started or better.

2) Install 8022, but after the license agreement, but prior to selecting an install location, please change the folder name/location and Fab will be installed in a new folder so that you should have multiple installs of fFab 8.xxx and be able to run 8022 indepedently of 8031 Beta.
                          This is how I ran all three beta versions that I tested above.

3) If the above fails or you wish to skip #1 +/or #2, use the Fab uninstaller and once 8031 is uninstalled, download a fresh 8022 installer and install...be certain to install as administrator and be certain to have your regkey handy as you may have to reactivate it.

4) If #3 fails, run CCleaner
                          and also the CCleaner registry check and fix

Hope this helps and let us know ...

Comment

Originally posted by sandman49 View Post
                            So I had to un-install DVDFab and remove all entries in the registry. I was then able to install 8.0.3.1.

Sorry, I was posting and got waylaid with family stuff.

Sounds good, glad you got it fixed...mostly anyway....

Comment

Hi sandman49
                              This may have nothing to do with your problem but your D:drive has a firmware update you will find it here http://www.firmwarehq.com/download_1..._7L09.EXE.html

NOTE: If you do not know how to flash your drive do not do it, it will render your drive useless.

Also your D:drive is your LiteOn iHES108, what is your E: drive?????

CBR929
                              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
                              X