Taking way to long to copy blu rays!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by romanjamm View Post
    Actually I cant tell if the movie has finished burning. The last message is finalising disc and it still seems like something is happening but it's been going on 8 minutes now. Should I assume that it's done, I'm afraid to take the disc out.

It says 0% finalizing disc ... at the bottom
    Sorry, I didn't see this, I guess we were posting at about the same time.
    Tough to tell without the burn log details.
    My first guess is media....

The default location is:

For Win7
    C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP
    C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
      Sorry, I didn't see this, I guess we were posting at about the same time.
      Tough to tell without the burn log details.
      My first guess is media....

The default location is:

For Win7
      C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or for XP
      C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      It ended up ok.

The only thing is that, doing it this way, I had the DVDFab logo popping up on the upper left of the movie the whole time it was playing. I imagine there is a way to alleviate that right?

Comment

Glad to hear you were successful.

Any rips done in the trial period of Blu-ray Copy will display the watermark - Fab logo.
        There's no way around this except to purchase the module.

Additionally, those rips done during the trial will need to be re-ripped in order to be logo-free...

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Glad to hear you were successful.

Any rips done in the trial period of Blu-ray Copy will display the watermark - Fab logo.
          There's no way around this except to purchase the module.

Additionally, those rips done during the trial will need to be re-ripped in order to be logo-free...
          Wow, that's convenient.

I've already paid for the DVD portion, you would think that would be good enough for them to take that stupid thing off during the trial period.

Knowing that it will take another 8 or 9 hours to redo Gladiator honestly makes me want to look elsewhere for software.

For what it's worth.

Comment

Wow, that's convenient.

I've already paid for the DVD portion, you would think that would be good enough for them to take that stupid thing off during the trial period.

Knowing that it will take another 8 or 9 hours to redo Gladiator honestly makes me want to look elsewhere for software.

For what it's worth.
            Well, it's worth something.
            Fengtao and the rest of the team read through the forum.

For what it's worth, there were a few of us, myself included, that found out the hard way and were equally annoyed.

Comment

"Knowing that it will take another 8 or 9 hours to redo Gladiator honestly makes me want to look elsewhere for software."
              I didn't read through your whole thread, but 8 hours is awful...

Sorry if this was covered, but you aren't compressing on the initial rip from the original disc, are you?
              This will kill your time and put a whole lot of unnecessary wear and tear on your burner

Comment

"Knowing that it will take another 8 or 9 hours to redo Gladiator honestly makes me want to look elsewhere for software."
                I didn't read through your whole thread, but 8 hours is awful...

Sorry if this was covered, but you aren't compressing on the initial rip from the original disc, are you?
                This will kill your time and put a whole lot of unnecessary wear and tear on your burner
                Probably covered already, however it's all Greek to me.

Comment

Probably covered already, however it's all Greek to me.
                  Are you sure you don't mean Latin?...

Comment

I believe I am. What is my other choice? And not in Greek or Latin, lol. No but seriously, I need to be walked through this.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi, late for work, but I'll try to pop in later....somebody's always around though.

Firstly, rip the original BD disc to your hdd without any compression at all.
                      It doesn't matter if this is main movie, Full disc or the soon to be released Customize mode.

Second step, now use the non-compressed hdd files as your Source and now rip and compress the files to another location on your hdd.
                      This is critical.
                      Always compress BD files from hdd ---> hdd
                      Never from BD drive ---XXXX---> hdd

Compressing from your ODD (BD burner) will take an inordinate amount of time and a lot of unnecessary wear and tear on your burner.

Gotta run...

Comment

Hi, late for work, but I'll try to pop in later....somebody's always around though.

Firstly, rip the original BD disc to your hdd without any compression at all.
                        It doesn't matter if this is main movie, Full disc or the soon to be released Customize mode.

Second step, now use the non-compressed hdd files as your Source and now rip and compress the files to another location on your hdd.
                        This is critical.
                        Always compress BD files from hdd ---> hdd
                        Never from BD drive ---XXXX---> hdd

Compressing from your ODD (BD burner) will take an inordinate amount of time and a lot of unnecessary wear and tear on your burner.

Gotta run...
                        I appreciate your help, really, but frankly I really don't know exactly what you are talking about or which program(s) that I should use to accomplish this. Honestly, pretend you're talking to a child, one who needs step by step instruction.

My wife does it all the time and I think she rather enjoys it.

Comment

My wife does it all the time and I think she rather enjoys it.
                          Hahaha, I guess it's the same for all of us.

You'll just be using the same module that you were using when you started this thread...Blu-ray Copy.
                          When you insert the original Blu-ray disc, be certain to select BD50 as your output size....displayed on the bottom of the opening Fab screen.
                          Just rip the files in Full disc or main movie mode (your call as to personal preference)to your hdd (select a convenient location on your hdd).

You can then select these ripped hdd files as your Source and manipulate/compress as you desire.

Work beckons...gotta go, but like I said...if you get stuck, someone will be around to help.

Hope this helps

Comment

Hahaha, I guess it's the same for all of us.

You'll just be using the same module that you were using when you started this thread...Blu-ray Copy.
                            When you insert the original Blu-ray disc, be certain to select BD50 as your output size....displayed on the bottom of the opening Fab screen.
                            Just rip the files in Full disc or main movie mode (your call as to personal preference)to your hdd (select a convenient location on your hdd).

You can then select these ripped hdd files as your Source and manipulate/compress as you desire.

Work beckons...gotta go, but like I said...if you get stuck, someone will be around to help.

Hope this helps
                            Yes, it does help. Thanks.

I'm backing one up right now that is under 25GB so I'm just doing it normal. My burner is reading much faster. It's half way through as I type and reading at 17mb/sec so I guess the problem only exists when the movie has to be compressed.

So I guess what you're saying is that if I have a movie that is over 25GBs or one that has to be compressed, that my target should be set up as my hard drive and not my dvd burner. And from that point I would go into that file and write the movie using imgburn software.

Let me know if I'm reading that correctly?

Thanks.

Comment

I think at that point you're supposed to use the file you've created as a source file, compress it into a 25gb file with blu-ray copy, then use the 25gb file in imgburn to burn the disc.

Comment

if you set fab to bd50 when you rip to hard drive this will go quick but when done drag the file into dvd fab then set fab to bd25 and set target to burner just like you did with the smaller movie it will go alot faster

Comment

Working...
                                X