Taking way to long to copy blu rays!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by m+m View Post
    if you set fab to bd50 when you rip to hard drive this will go quick but when done drag the file into dvd fab then set fab to bd25 and set target to burner just like you did with the smaller movie it will go alot faster
    This is what I'm doing, and not only did it not get better but it just created an extra step by copying the file to my hard drive first.

After I've copied the file to my hard drive there is no difference afterwards in the amount of steps or in the time it takes to backup the dvd. Obviously I'm still not doing something right.

Basically, I have a 29 Gb file in my DvdFab folder on my hard drive and I need someone to walk me through exactly what I have to do at this point in order to save time in creating a backup to a 25 Gb BD.

Appreciate the help.

Comment

Ok,
      I'm not sure where you're getting hung up in following my advice in posts # 25 & 27 and similar advice by others like m+m.

Sometimes a picture is worth a 1000 words
      Anyway, here goes 3000+ words....
      (Just click on the screenshots to enlarge)

Open Blu-ray Copy >

Source > navigate to and select the "29 Gb file in my DvdFab folder on my hard drive"

Click image for larger version

Name:	BD25 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	303928

Target > navigate to another hdd or another location on your hdd that you can find easily. (This will prevent inadvertantly writing over the source content).

OR

Select your burner as the Target and simply burn to a BD25
      (I don't ever burn...I just play 'em from my hdd via my media player)

Name:	BD25 2.jpg
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	303929

You can see on the 3rd screenshot that you'll end up with a movie that will fit on a BD25 as displayed.
      In my case, going roughly from 31 GB to 23 GB (74%)

Name:	BD25 3.jpg
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	303930

Let us know how you get on...
      Last edited by maineman; 11-06-2010, 06:26 PM.
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

First time post!

Sorry to intrude but this thread has made me understand a little more about this program and thank you.

When ripping at BD50 the main movie it saves it as a .m2ts file? since I like to use xbmc to stream all my vids.

Is this software also capable of compressing the file to 3.99 gigs for the ps3 on FAT32.... (dont really need it just asking)

Also from my understanding when ripping from BD50 is way fast because there is no compression but if you want to compress the file say to BD25/BD9 it all depends on your computer and graphics card how long its going to take.

Will a GF 210, 220 or 240 work ok with 512mb or will a gig work better?

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X