Problems with ALL original BluRay's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with ALL original BluRay's

I've been a loyal customer for DVDFab for the past couple of years and until now I didn't have any problems with it. I've always used it for DVD's until a couple of days ago, that my intention is use for BluRay's. I don't know what can I be doing wrong... I'll try to explain the issues as clear as possible and sorry for being so long.

I am running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit with a HP bd340i BluRay burner and DVDFab 8.0.3.2.

A friend brought an external 1TB HardDisk with an already created .ISO file of an untouched BluRay movie (IronMan 2) and it didn't load in DVDFab. Then I burned the ISO without any problem using the same ISO but with xxxxxx and watched it immediately on my LG BluRay Player on my TV.

The next day the same friend gave the ORIGINAL BluRays discs of IronMan 1, Transformers 1 and 2 and The Incredible Hulk.

I thought that it would be as easy as putting it in my burner, load it and then create my own .ISO of them. I was not able to do so with none of the movies.

What I am doing is:
    1) On the left side I click BLURAY COPY and then FULL DISC.
    2) On the source line I click the folder icon. DVDFab start loading it (with the typical display that says it SCANNING THE SOURCE DISC and it seems to start reading it. After about 8-10 minutes, the display goes away, it goes back to the DVDFab screen, but nothing is loaded... so the start button is not enabled and I can't do anything else.
    3) After this has happened, I close DVDFab, it closes and the main screen goes away, but I noticed that it is still running and it refuses to disappear from the Task Manager. I can't kill it even with the END PROCESS from the Task Manager. I have to reboot the PC.

This happened with all four BluRays AND also with the first ISO mentioned. Then I went across the street (there is a video rental store there) and the guy there allowed me to take 2 BluRay original disks (The Hurt Locker and District 9). I tried again DVDFab with these, and the behavior was exactly the same.

So it seems that for some reason DVDFab is not being able to load any BluRay, neither in ISO neither and original disc.

Then, I downloaded the trial version of xxxxxxx (because it seems that xxxxx couldn't desencrypt the BluRays). I ran the xxxxx and I created the ISO of Transformer 1 (about 43GB) without any problem at all (besides taking almost 8 hours). Then I loaded the ISO in DVDFab (no problems with this) and burned the movie. Took it to my LG BluRay player and watched without any problems at all on my TV. I don't know if 8 hours is too much or average, but as long as the ISO works as expected and it is the UNTOUCHED result of an original BluRay, I can live with that.

So....
    What am I doing wrong?
    Is it just some kind of settings thing?
    Is there some plug-in I need?
    Anything I can try?

Thanks!
    Last edited by AGJ; 11-03-2010, 05:57 AM. Reason: General Policies

Hi, rpareja,

1. To load ISO image file with DVDFab, you need first a virtual drive to mount the ISO, you can get the free DVDFab Virtual Drive at http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm.

DVDFab Virtual Drive is a virtual DVD/Blu-ray emulator. It emulates maximum 18 drives and works with DVD/Blu-ray images created by DVDFab and other programs.

2. "On the source line I click the folder icon": Please note that if you are going choose the original disc as source, you need click the disc icon right beside the folder icon.

3. Concerning the speed, ripping process ranges from 45 minutes to 90 minutes, compression process ranges from 2 hours to 3 and a half hours.That all depends on your computer configuration, the size of source blu-ray disc, the write speed you chose, etc.

Sincerely Yours
    Malcolm Wang

Comment

Hi Malcolm for answering quickly.

I am using DAEMON Tools Lite as the virtual drive emulator, which seems to be working fine becaused it loaded the image correctly and because the SCANNING SOURCE little windows in DVDFab appear to be working (until it finally collapsed).

After rebooting (because DVDFab was not working and it showed PROGRAM NOT RESPONDING) I loaded the ISO again, and I was able to watch it with PowerDVD.

Do I have to use the DVDFab Virtual Drive for DVDFab BluRay Copy to work correctly?

Thanks again,

Comment

Sorry... I forgot to mention that when I click the disc icon right beside the folder icon, DVDFab is automatically looking for an ISO, IMG, NRG image file.... not the original disc.

Thanks!

Comment

Please read sticky "help us help you" thread and post dvdfab_internal.log, thanks.
          DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
          http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Thanks Fengtao.

I uninstalled DVDFab completely, deleted all original dirs and logs, so we can start again from scratch. I reinstalled the product, and here I am enclosing the only 2 logs that appear in the mentioned directory. Also I included the SCANNING window that appear whenever a BluRay ISO or original BluRay disc is loading. Remember that after more than 10 minutes of this window running, it dissappears and DVDFab hangs completely without showing any information loaded at all.

Besides, this is the information I have of my system:

Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration:
            Windows 7 Professional 64 bit / Intel Core 2CPU 2.0GHZ / 5.00GB RAM

If you are using external hard drives or optical drives:
            <NONE>

If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware:
            No changes to the OS.
            The new bluray burner was added (without removing my DVD writer, so I have both units working). The model is HP BD Writer bd340i.

If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added.
            The AVS Disc Creator was installed AFTER this issue appeared, as an alternative solution.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Fengtao,

Any news with the issue?

Do you need more information?

Thanks!

Comment

Trying to pinpoint the problem I did the following:

- Reformatted my PC again with Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.
                - Turned off both Windows Firewall.
                - Haven't installed any antivirus/firewall solution yet.
                - Changed the HP BD WRITER bd340i for a LG SUPERMULTI BLUE BH10.
                - Installed DVDFab 8.0.3.2

Exactly the same behavior and exactly the same result.

DVDFab displays SCANNING THE SOURCE DISC and it seems to start reading it. After about 8-10 minutes, the display goes away, it goes back to the DVDFab screen, but nothing is loaded... so the start button is not enabled and I can't do anything else.

I already uploaded the requested logs, so please come up with a solution.

Regards,

Comment

Hi rpareja:
                  Please goes to Common settings dialog -> DVD/Blu-ray -> Pathplayer, and check whether you've enabled the redio button of "Always enable PathPlayer".
                  If no luck, please download Passkey here: http://www.dvdfab.com/passkey.htm
                  And I'll expect your replay.

Thanks
                  Potti

Comment

Hi Potti,

I selected "Enable PathPlayer when necessary", and nothing... Then I downloaded the Passkey, installed it, reboot and everything started to work as expected.

The ISO's were loaded fine, and I tried a couple of the original Bluray's and they also loaded fine and quick

I haven't tried burning them but I don't think I will have any problem with that, because the issue was that I couldn't even load them.

Thanks a lot for your help, patience and support!

Regards,

rpareja.

PD: I guess you can go ahead and close the thread. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by rpareja View Post
                      What I am doing is:
                      1) On the left side I click BLURAY COPY and then FULL DISC.
                      2) On the source line I click the folder icon. DVDFab start loading it (with the typical display that says it SCANNING THE SOURCE DISC and it seems to start reading it. After about 8-10 minutes, the display goes away, it goes back to the DVDFab screen, but nothing is loaded... so the start button is not enabled and I can't do anything else.
                      3) After this has happened, I close DVDFab, it closes and the main screen goes away, but I noticed that it is still running and it refuses to disappear from the Task Manager. I can't kill it even with the END PROCESS from the Task Manager. I have to reboot the PC.

This happened with all four BluRays AND also with the first ISO mentioned. Then I went across the street (there is a video rental store there) and the guy there allowed me to take 2 BluRay original disks (The Hurt Locker and District 9). I tried again DVDFab with these, and the behavior was exactly the same.

So it seems that for some reason DVDFab is not being able to load any BluRay, neither in ISO neither and original disc.

Thanks!
                      I am having the exact same problem. I have followed the recommendations in this thread. I have installed DVDFAb Passkey, but unlike the OP, my problem has not been solved. Pathplayer is enabled.

Running W7x32, in a Parallels VM on Mac Pro. 4 processors On Mac ( 2*2.66 Dual Core Xeons). 2GB RAM for VM. Radeon 3870 native video card for Mac. xxxxx and all other blu ray rip programs work fine. Have had this VM for a year without difficulty.

Using Pioneer BDR-205 as USB burner. No other new additions to Hardware or setup. xxxxx is still installed, but is turned off and does not appear in the task bar. This was installed months ago.

Attached are some logs.

Help!!! I just bought the program yesterday.

JD
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by AGJ; 11-07-2010, 10:59 PM. Reason: General Policies

Comment

I was able to take a movie that had previously been ripped into BD folders, and compress it. I cannot place a BD into the external drive, and copy it, or main movie rip only. The program says "Opening Blu-Ray G:/" but then keeps going.

I must ctrl-alt-del to stop it (end process)

Also, when I click the DISC button (for the source)-- like the OP, it is looking for a disc image file, and does not let me select the disc in drive G.

Comment

Anybody have any suggestions? I enclosed logs attached to my original post. Do I need to start a new thread?

Thanks for the guidance.

JD

Comment

I installed 8.0.3.5, and had the same problem. Enclosed are logs from passkey and DVDFAb.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi jdonshik:
                              From 8000 to 8035, we have tested lots of BDs and DVDs, so far no luck we have NOT repro your issue : ( And nobody have the same problem except you. Would you please try with another PC?

Thanks,
                              Potti

Comment

Working...
                              X