Write Data to Blu Ray Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Write Data to Blu Ray Help

Just a basic question. I have a Blu-ray film saved as an iso. file. If I select the write data to Blu-ray option, will it just copy the iso. file onto the blu-ray disc or will it copy the film in a format that a standard Blu-ray player will be able to read? I would just put a disc in to try but BD50 disks are still a little expensive. Thanks

Originally posted by rod131run View Post
    Just a basic question. I have a Blu-ray film saved as an iso. file. If I select the write data to Blu-ray option, will it just copy the iso. file onto the blu-ray disc or will it copy the film in a format that a standard Blu-ray player will be able to read? I would just put a disc in to try but BD50 disks are still a little expensive. Thanks
    ISO is playing in a Blu-ray player when burned to disc. ISO is just a container that contains all the info and when transfered to disc is un packed. If your are still concerned at playback issue then all I can say is not to burn to a BD50 blank instead compress to BD25

Comment

I've never burned a BD disc so I'm just guessing here. I play them back with an Argosy Media Player without any problems at all, .ISO included.
      However, I believe that most (? all) standalone BD players will not play .ISO files. Even the software players on a pc seem to require mounting on a virtual drive.

Hopefully, someone who knows for sure will pop in
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Thanks for your reassurance. I burned the file to disc and as you said, the iso. file unpacked itself into the ordinary blu-ray film format. Plays fine.
        Many thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X