Was the iso file made properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was the iso file made properly

I made an iso file of Toy Story 3. It was compressed to 23 g. I want to burn this to disk but no preview (audio or video) is present in the preview player.
    This leads me to believe the file was not copied properly. Oh, and VLC doesn't recognize the file and will not play it either. Since it took 8 hours, I don't want to just start over if I don't have to. And I surely don't want to blow a disc on a bad burn. Is there a way to check this file?

CaptVideo,

You may want to just copy the movie itself. I copied the movie which was 19.7 gb so it did not need to be compressed. The entire Toy Story series on Blu-ray seems to be a little finicky. I have had issues with Toy Story 1 & 3(I didn't try Toy Story 2) with the scanning. It was taking forever to scan so I cancelled the scanning process. Usually I copy the entire disc first but I was not able to do that on toy Story 3 so I just copied the main movie first. After copying the main movie, I created an ISO with Imageburn and then burnt the disc.

Comment

Thank you for your input.
      The size I show is 27.4 GB which is why I needed to compress.
      They show 4 movies (801,802,803 & 804). All seem to be the same size.
      I picked 800 per a comment in the forum suggesting to do so.
      I've always had trouble with regular Disney movies. I see Blu-ray is no exception. Also, this is my first movie on 8.0.3.2.

Comment

I used the 800 file also and that was the English version. I eliminated all the audio tracks except the DTS 5.1. I also removed the HD audio. The result was 19.7GB and it plays fine.

Comment

Thank You.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptVideo View Post
            I made an iso file of Toy Story 3. It was compressed to 23 g. I want to burn this to disk but no preview (audio or video) is present in the preview player.
            This leads me to believe the file was not copied properly. Oh, and VLC doesn't recognize the file and will not play it either. Since it took 8 hours, I don't want to just start over if I don't have to. And I surely don't want to blow a disc on a bad burn. Is there a way to check this file?
            Install DVDFab virtual drive so you can mount the .iso file then use software such as Total Media Theatre3 that SUPPORTS bluray format to test. The file should play back just like the original.

Comment

I downloaded media player classic 64. VLC is presently good only for 32 bit os.
              Although i did not play the whole movie (iso) I skipped through cleanly and everything looks good so far.

Thank You.

Comment

Working...
              X