Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick way of checking backup

hi,

I have been using DVD FAb for ages now and on the whole its been working great. but I have had issues doing main movie backups of certain films, such as Sherlock Holmes, XMen, Clash of the Titans etc. In each case DVDFab has said the process is succesful. It is frustrating when you then go to watch said movie with your freinds for it to freeze half way through.

is there a way to check the movie backup without watching it, I.e some way of quickly scanning through it to check if it plays OK without actually watching it?

Regards

Jon

Hi J0N
    Yes you can use VLC http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ or MPC http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/ ,but what is the point if you are just skipping through the movie.
    The only way is to watch the whole movie from your computer to see if there are any problems, and I'll bet that if you post your burn logs we will be able to tell you why this is happening.

The default location is:
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please just attach your most resent log(s) and post right here.

CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

how are you burning the movie? BD25 vs BD50? BD-R vs AVCHD vs MKV etc? VSO vs IMGBurn?

kinda sounds like a layer break issue.

Comment

Thanks both for your replies. I am burning Main Movie BD50 with just one English HD soundtrack and English Subtitles. I have backed up other blurays since the problem ones, but will try to repeat the process later with one of them and post the log.

Thansk again!

Jon

Comment

Sorry forgot to add i am burning to folder format for PC playback through TMT.

Cheers

Jon

Comment

J0N: Ok, so you said that you're not compressing your BDs correct(setting output to BD-25, BD-9, BD-5, etc.) So try this first.
            1. Use full disk mode and rip entire disc to hard drive, leave everything in it. Don't take out any audio, subtitles, etc. and make sure setting is on BD-50(compressing and ripping at same time will wear down your drive faster than rabbits you-know-what).
            2. After its finished, close DVDFab and re-open, select the main movie option and this time select the ripped folder as the source and a different location for the target(preferably a different internal hard drive, but that might not be possible).
            3. Now you can un-select all unneeded audio and subtitle tracks, which from what you're saying, you want just the main hd audio, the english subtitles, and the main movie(uncompressed). This step should take like ten minutes.
            4. The finished BD folder should play like a champ, but just so we're on the same page, make sure you play the FOLDER not the single m2ts file(s). Also, after each step, playback the folder in either TMT3 or MPC-Home Cinema and check the quality of it.
            Hopefully we can narrow down the issue for you.
            SPECS
            DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
            SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

Working...
            X