This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LEGIN27 View Post
    @Scott. If it's taking that much time, quit. 23hrs is more than half of my work week (employed). Just go buy it. But serious, why all the compressing when you can use BD-RE 50GB DL BD rewritable media?

Okay, To clarify my statement above..."Go Buy It" BD 50 or BD 25 to anything less is a downgrade from BD HD. With the exception of a MKV conversions which takes equal if not longer to do. BD 50 or BD 25 to DVD 9 as we know is 8.5GB SD (Standard Definition) so why not buy a SD original movie sold @ retail or less and back it up to your hard drive? What I am saying BD 50 to SD DVD 9, it's a waist of time. Yes currently in the US many retailers sell BD-RE 50GB DL rewritable media for as much as $60.00 a disc. You can get 3 packs online as I did for $49.00 breaks down to around 17 dollars a disc and remember they're REWRITABLE.

After all the hours of compression you have a pixelated movie or at best a SD quality back up? An upgrade to your current PC is cheaper than buying another PC any day. My point is not a knock to DVDFAB software or anyone personally for choosing to compress their BD titles. I'm offering insight to the objective and end result. In my humble opinion it is easier in every way to just use like size BD media (50GB BD media) to complete BD 50 back ups.
    Last edited by LEGIN27; 11-04-2009, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Reinhard62 View Post
      As I said, more than 20 hours is completely normal for compressing BD 50 to BD 25 if you have a single core CPU. Using another software (TsMuxer) won't make it faster.

And not everbody has the extra money to upgrade his/her computer.

Using BD 50 GB is certainly NO alternative. The cheapest ones I've seen cost 11 Euros - whereas you get almost all BD movies for about 12 - 13 Euros.
      Your are right Tsmuxer has noting to do with ripping speed, you just rip the disc to your HDD, then you mux it to get it down to a 25 g or smaller before burning, no compression needed.

Comment

Working...
      X