selection of source drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

selection of source drive

Hi, since I have updated to v8040 (free HD Decrypter), I am not able to select a source drive. The dialog opens, I can select my Blu Ray drive (LiteOn iHBS 212), but after pressing the 'OK' button, the drive does not appear in the 'Source' field but the standard text (Please select...) is still there. Uninstalling and new install did not help.

source choosing

Originally posted by m.rup View Post
    Hi, since I have updated to v8040 (free HD Decrypter), I am not able to select a source drive. The dialog opens, I can select my Blu Ray drive (LiteOn iHBS 212), but after pressing the 'OK' button, the drive does not appear in the 'Source' field but the standard text (Please select...) is still there. Uninstalling and new install did not help.
    Hi m.rup,

When the standard text appears, you can click the button "PrintScreen" on your key broad. Then open Microsoft Word and paste the screen on it. Please send us the screen-shots, then we will check where the problem is. Thanks.

Comment

Hi m.rup,

1.Please install passkey at http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=PASSKEY to see whether you can load your souce movies.

2.For your problems, could you please use the other Blu-ray DVDs to see if this is a universal problem, or just for this one?
      Last edited by sunny; 11-25-2010, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Please send us the screen-shots, then we will check where the problem is.
        How can I send you the screen shots?

Comment

Attach the screenshot files you created with paint here.
          人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
          Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

For your problems, could you please use the other Blu-ray DVDs to see if this is a universal problem, or just for this one?
            In deed, this is the only one of my six BDs which has this problem (but was working with previous versions of HD Decrypter)

So my findings are:

Alice in Wonderland: Not recognized, no possibility to choose source drive manually.
            Cars: Recognized, but endless examination while trying to open, canceled after 10 min.
            Casablanca, Spider Man 3, 2001, Harry Potter 6: Recognized and opened in a reasonable time.

All BDs are region 2, and I have ripped all of them with previous versions of HD Decrypter before (Alice came with my Blu Ray drive, was the first Blu Ray I ever ripped).

Besides, when I try to chose my Blu Ray drive for source without a BD in it, a dialog is opening which tells me to put in a BD. When I do so, the BD is automatically recognized and analyzed, but the dialog is still open, offering a 'Cancel' button only. When I press this button, the dialog is closing and the examination of the BD starts again. Is this the right way it should work?

Comment

Screen shots attached (hopefully)

No, it did not work. I renamed the file from filename.rtf to filename.rtf.txt, can this be a problem?
              Last edited by m.rup; 11-16-2010, 11:13 PM. Reason: Adding attachment

Comment

Sadly not.

Press on "Go Advanced" -> "Manage Attachments" -> "Choose", select your saved screenshots -> Upload.

Screenshots are pictures, e.g. jpg, bmp, gif etc.
                Yours are only text files.
                人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
                Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

I tried, see above post.

Comment

read disc

In deed, this is the only one of my six BDs which has this problem (but was working with previous versions of HD Decrypter)

So my findings are:

Alice in Wonderland: Not recognized, no possibility to choose source drive manually.
                    Cars: Recognized, but endless examination while trying to open, canceled after 10 min.
                    Hi m.rup,

1. Please open DVDFab program first, then insert your original Blu-ray discs to your Blu-ray drive, then to see if the DVDFab can connect your Blu-ray drive to recognize the original Blu-ray discs or not.

If your DVDFab can't recognize original movies from Blu-ray drive very well on your computer, please start the movie in your PC Blu-ray Player (like PowerDVD v10) for a few seconds and then start the DVDFab analysis. Once the analysis starts, you can turn off the PC Blu-ray player.

2. Please click the tick green icon button at the right top corner of the DVDFab screen, open "Common Settings" window, click on "Pathplayer", active/deactive it to copy your movies again.

Comment

cancel dialog

Besides, when I try to chose my Blu Ray drive for source without a BD in it, a dialog is opening which tells me to put in a BD. When I do so, the BD is automatically recognized and analyzed, but the dialog is still open, offering a 'Cancel' button only. When I press this button, the dialog is closing and the examination of the BD starts again. Is this the right way it should work?
                      Hi m.rup,

Please press "cancel" when the dialogue appear, then insert your disc to see the result. The dialogue is to remind you insert your disc.

Comment

Hello cici Jia,

thanks for your advice. I have now uninstalled v8040, ran some registry cleaner, and installed it again. Unbelievable, but now HD Decrypter recognized and analyzed the BD. But after this, unfortunately something happened I already have mentioned in this http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=8775 thread:

I start DVDFab. Then I select the last option in the list (sorry, my version is in german, I hope I can translate appropriate) which is free HD Decrypter, never expires, and run the program.
                        Then, I insert a Blu-ray in my drive, DVDFab selects 'Blu-ray Copy Complete Disk' and analyzes the disk. After this, I select a target directory at my HDD, and then start the process. When doing so, a pop up window appears and tells me that the 'Blu-ray Copy' option has expired and I should use the free HD Decrypter. When I push the OK button, the pop up closes and in the status list a message appears 'process successfully finished' (as mentioned before, this is a translation by my own). Well, this was it, no ripping to my HDD. The earlier version (8005) worked well.
                        In the case mentioned above, I solved the problem by installing v8024beta, so this time I uninstalled v8040, and installed v8032, and right now, the BD is ripping apparently without problems. So it seems as if the problem which appeared in v8022 and has been fixed in v8024 beta and 8032 has been reintroduced in v8040.

Comment

v8050 has solved this problem. Thanks to the team!

Comment

Working...
                          X