Compression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compression

Well I'm back Again just curious is there a way to speed up the compression?
    What settings should be configured to achieve maximum speed and less compression time? (Also this is movie only not the whole disc)

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
    Well I'm back Again just curious is there a way to speed up the compression?
    What settings should be configured to achieve maximum speed and less compression time? (Also this is movie only not the whole disc)
    Instead of Compressing from the Blu-ray use DVDFab Blu-ray Copy and save Full Disc to HDD. Then you can use that just saved folder as source and select main movie to compress to BD25. Also give the CUDA/DXVA GPU A/V Codec a try as well if your Video card supports it as that can speed the compression up as well

Comment

That's what I do rip to HDD just the main movie then compress to BD25 which in come cases take up to 8 hrs. Iv'e noticed that when I did Pirates of the Caribbean it compressed but only took 2hrs then when I did Grown ups it took 8.

Could it be that even though POTC was a larger bluray and the file to compress down was larger then GUps that since why it is a older blu ray that they dont take as long as the new ones?

Comment

Sorry which is the correct forum for these kind of questions?

Comment

Could it be that even though POTC was a larger bluray and the file to compress down was larger then GUps that since why it is a older blu ray that they dont take as long as the new ones?
          I not think that the reason but you may want to take a look at the A/V Codec settings in the Common settings area of DVDFab to see what is being used as that does affect the compression times
          Last edited by AGJ; 11-15-2010, 02:23 AM. Reason: added quote

Comment

Sorry which is the correct forum for these kind of questions?
            Any questions about the compression keep it in this thread you created. Any new questions start a new thread in the section for the program module you are using

Comment

I have all the the settings to use the Cuda but when I get home I will have to check into the make sure that i have the best settings for the compression.

Comment

Since you using CUDA try using Software instead as that might help speed things up as your Nvidia card may not be supported at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                X