This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single M2TS file creation changed?

Hello all. New to this forum but a longtime DVDFAB user.

My question is this.

In the past, when I ripped a Blu-Ray Movie ONLY, there would be a single m2ts file created in the STREAMS folder. I just installed the latest version (6.1.2.5) and now I notice that it rips several, smaller m2ts files. I had a copy of a movie that I had ripped about three months ago and it had a single m2ts file. I ripped it again with teh new version and now, it has several smaller m2ts files. The largest of which is 12GB. Hard drive IS formatted NTFS.

Is this a new feature and if so, is there any means (within DVDFAB) to create a SINGLE m2ts file as it did before. I stream movies to my main TV via a PS3 and TVersity over my network so a single file is needed. I've already tried creating an ISO then checking the temp folder but it creates the same multitude of individual files.

Thanks in advance.

I've asked a similar question before and it sounds like the answer is 'no.' However, are you certain that you used DVDFab before on the *same* movie and got a single .m2ts file? It is my understanding that many (most?) movies when ripped will create several .m2ts files with one of them being significantly larger than the rest and the only one you really need. Other movies than use seamless branching (e.g., some Disney movies) will produce multiple files with no file being obviously larger than the rest.

I too want a single-click solution for producing a single file (whether it be .m2ts, .ts, or .mkv), so I'm happy to see someone else asking about this.

FWIW, I believe that if your plan is to rip/compress a Blu-ray with DVDFab, then you can rip/compress it to the folder structure (rather than as an .ISO) and then use a program like Clown_BD and/or tsMuxeR (or is it tsRemuxeR?) and get just a single .m2ts or .ts file. Apparently MakeMKV is another option which does something similar but produces a single .mkv file.

I'm kind of new to all this (I've been using DVDFab for a long time to rip my standard-def DVD's to a single .ISO file), so I'm trying to figure out the best tool(s) to use to create a single file.

Comment

Hey Scott. Well, now I'm beginning to doubt myself. I tried a different movie (GIJOE) and it came out as a single file. The Movie I had tried was King King and I could have sworn that it originally came out as a single file but, perhaps not.

Anyway, Fengtao has announced that they are working on a Blu-Ray to PS3 feature (finish date undetermined) so that would solve this issue. Will be patient and wait for that release.

For now, I FINALLY figured out how to get a Blu-Ray movie with DTS streamed to a PS3 and it works perfectly. Happy with that discovery.

Comment

I came across a movie "The Patriot" and ended up with 2 .m2ts files, one was 20gb and the other 15gb. Every title I own except that one had resulted in one file, not sure why though. HomeTurf share how you are streaming Blu-ray to PS3 so maybe it will help someone else who might be looking to do the same thing.

EDIT: I just seen in the other thread how, sorry.

Comment

Working...
        X