Blu-Ray Copy Not Working !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-Ray Copy Not Working !

I have today downloaded the trial version of DVDFab Blu-Ray Copy version 8.0.4.0 but cannot get it to work. The program constantly hangs while "Open Blu Ray Source" and I end up having to shut the program down using Windows task manager. I have tried several different Blu Ray films (Kung Fu Panda, Bolt, Iron Man 2) but it is the same with all of them.

I am running Windows 7 64bit professional with an LG BH10LS30 Blu-Ray drive. I have had no previous problems using the DVD version of DVDFab.

Any helpful advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Please try with 8.0.5.0.
    人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
    Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

Originally posted by Blazkowicz View Post
      Please try with 8.0.5.0.
      Thanks for the post Blazkowicz.

I have uninstalled 8.0.4.0 and installed 8.0.5.0 but still have a similar problem. The disk/drive does not appear in the source window but DVDFab try's to open the source disk and the progress bar just runs and runs but nothing else ever happens. This is very frustrating. My system is as follows :

Windows 7 Professionla 64bit
      Intel Q6600 quadcore CPU
      4GB Ram

My system works great but not with DVDFab Bluray Copy.

I'm starting to wonder if it could be a problem with the LG drive.

Any more advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.
      Last edited by Judethedude; 11-18-2010, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Passkey for Blu-ray

Originally posted by Judethedude View Post
        Thanks for the post Blazkowicz.

I have uninstalled 8.0.4.0 and installed 8.0.5.0 but still have a similar problem. The disk/drive does not appear in the source window but DVDFab try's to open the source disk and the progress bar just runs and runs but nothing else ever happens.
        Hi Judethedude,

Please install Passkey 8.0.0.2 at http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm to see whether Passkey can recognize the disc or not.

Comment

Thank you for the response cici Jia.

I have installed Pass 8.0.0.2 and can confirm that Passkey recognises discs and then opens them in PowerDVD. However, Passkey keeps changing the Region code of my Blu-Ray drive to Region 1 even though I have specified Region B/2 in Passkeys settings. This means that PowerDVD shows the message that the Bluray DVD cannot be played as it is not the disk is the correct region. Exiting Passkey solve the problem instantly.

Additionally, DVDFab will still not open a source Blu-Ray DVD and just locks-up.

Thanks again.

Comment

I'd really like to get this sorted as the only reason I bought an internal Blu Ray drive was to back-up my Blu Ray DVD's but, at the moment, this is proving impossible.

DVDFab will not open the disks and the "open source" display just scrolls constantly. Shutting DVDFab down using Task Manager closes DVDFab but the "open source"
            display stays on the screen. I have added some pictures for reference.

Any further help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Last edited by Blazkowicz; 11-19-2010, 09:34 PM. Reason: Pictures added.

Comment

2 points

Originally posted by Judethedude View Post
              I have installed Pass 8.0.0.2 and can confirm that Passkey recognises discs and then opens them in PowerDVD. However, Passkey keeps changing the Region code of my Blu-Ray drive to Region 1 even though I have specified Region B/2 in Passkeys settings. This means that PowerDVD shows the message that the Bluray DVD cannot be played as it is not the disk is the correct region. Exiting Passkey solve the problem instantly.
              Hi Judethedude,

1. Please open Power DVD several minutes later till Passkey remove the Blu-ray protection.

2. In the settings/Blu-ray window, make sure all the blu-ray protections ticked.

3. In "specify this blu-ray disc region code" window, you should choose the region code on your source blu-ray disc, not your blu-ray drive's. If your source blu-ray disc's region code is B, then select B to remove the rc protections. Please open settings/Blu-ray palyersregion, select region B for PowerDVD to play this unprotected disc.

4. We also suggest you uninstall this LG BH10LS30 Blu-Ray drive and reinstall it to see the result, if you just bought this bd drive, you'd better contact the retailer to change a new one.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by sunny; 11-20-2010, 04:31 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the continued support cici Jia.

I have un-installed anb then re-installed the Bluray drive but the problem is the same. Passkey constantly changes the region code of the LG Bluray drive ! If I go into Device Manager and change the LG Blu Ray drive to Region 2 and press OK, Passkey immediately changes it back to Region 1. Closing Passkey resolves the problem and the player Region keeps to Region B/2.

Changing all region settings in Passkey to Region B/2 makes no difference.

Opening DVDFab now causes Windows Explorer to stop responding.

I am at a total loss as to what to do as neither DVDFab or Passkey seem to work properly on my PC !

Last edited by Blazkowicz; 11-23-2010, 01:32 AM.

Comment

Hi,

1.If you run Passkey firstly to remove all the restrictions including RC/RCE, then you have no need to change the region code for Blu-ray Drive.

2. Please visit http://www.dvdfab.com/tutorial/Passkey-for-Blu-ray to get more information about the operation of Passkey.

Comment

Working...
                  X