Disc will not Finalize

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disc will not Finalize

I attempted to burn a DVD using Blu Ray to DVD. The disc completes everything fine until the Finalization process. It will not complete this process. It gets to about 33% and then skips back to 30% and continues this loop. The movie was Sorcerer's Apprentice. I am using Memorex DVD+R DL (had good results for many years with these for burning DVDs using DVDFab DVDCopy). I tried this on two different DVD blanks with same results.

Thanks.
    I7-2600 3.4 GHz / Asus P8P67 / LG Corsair XMS 8GB DDR3 1600 / EVGA GEForce GTS-450 / 10X WH10LS30 10x Bluray Burner / Windows 7 Ultimate / Cisco E2000 Router / Argosy HV335T / D-Link DNS-321 & Linksys NAS200

Try Version8.0.5.6, please

Hi, MikeL,

Which burning engine you used? VSO or ImgBurn? VSO burning engine have been improved in the latest build 8056 just now, but the ImgBurn works well all the time. Expect your info.

Sincerely Yours
    Malcolm Wang
    Last edited by Potti; 12-08-2010, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Memorex brand is unreliable as it uses multiple manufacturers, the most recent being CMC and Ritek.
      The quality is marginal to crappy and not recommended for video archiving.

While you have had some good luck with them (haven't we all), you will most certainly have some bad luck.
      You also may find that they don't play well...or at all, 6-12 months down the road as the result of inferior dyes used in manufacturing..
      Bottomline, it's is a craphoot, but it's your crapshoot.

Recommend you pick up Verbatim +R DL (MIS) made in Singapore.
      Just look for the sales.
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
      X