Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems

I am a very long time lifetime licensed user of DVDFab. It has been a great product. I got a blu-ray burner for Christmas, so I picked up a cakebox of media and started experimenting this week.

I can create a movie only dvd from a blu-ray source without problem (used Blu-Ray copy to rip the blu-ray to hard disc, then ran blu-ray to dvd using the hard disc files as source and a different drive as destination, burned with imgburn). This came out fine.

Then I tried using Blu-Ray copy to select only the main movie and compress it down to fit on a 25gb disc to prep for burning with imgburn. That ran just fine, but there seems to be some DVDFab logos popping up every now and then in the output video. What is that all about? Then I noticed a brief flash of corrupted video towards ther end of the movie as I scanned it, so I scrapped the whole thing and used a different free program to create my movie only BD files - and it worked fine.

Then I tried creating a DVD of the extras (ie. everything EXCEPT the main title) off a blu-ray title, and no matter what I do, the program gets to 80.01% complete, and immediately begins stepping down the "fps" rate until it gets to 0 - and just sits there. I've tried selecting fewer of the extras, only 1 extra, it doesn't matter - the same result. According to the program it isn't even creating a large amount of video data (2gb approx.). Is this a flaw in the program or am I trying to do something this program cannot handle?

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. I don't want to pay the new very high prices to extend the capabilities of this software into the blu-ray arena only to find I am disappointed with the program afterwards.
    Attached Files

Post moved to its own thread.

Comment

Please check if it is fixed in latest beta.
      DVDFab logo is normal as you are using a trial version.
      人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
      Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

Originally posted by Blazkowicz View Post
        Please check if it is fixed in latest beta.
        DVDFab logo is normal as you are using a trial version.
        Well, shoving a logo into the output video may be "normal" for DVDFab, but it still eliminates any desire I have to actually burn expensive media and see if it plays on my player afterwards. After all, this is what the testing and trial period for these options is supposed to be about, and I cannot imagine what purpose shoving the DVDFab logo into the output video serves. It did cause me to try out that other free program that "rebuilds" blu-ray video to see if it worked any better. It did.

As far as the other glitches go, are you saying the latest beta release addresses
        those problems? I did not see anything mentioned in the release notes that sounded relevant? But if you think it is worth it, I'll install the beta and try again to see if it works better.

Comment

Don't want to waste any blank Blu-ray media because of DVDFab Logo during the trial then use a BD-RE(rewritable media) for testing purposes

Help Us Help You

If you are posting about an operational problem with one of the DVDFab products, you will improve the speed and accuracy of the response by providing some information in the very first post that will probably be needed.

First, make note of any error codes or messages that appear in popup boxes and put them in your post. Information on error codes that appear in the DVDFab UI are captured in one of the logs we request below.

DVDFab keeps logs of its activities that supply basic system information and can help pinpoint where and when an error happened and help pinpoint the cause. The default location for these logs on most Windows systems is:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

The logs are simple text files that can be opened with Windows Notepad if you want to read them. If the size exceeds the forum’s attachment size limit, you may need to delete older entries or copy and paste the relevant ones into a new file. The log files can be attached to a post using the "Manage Attachments" button below the editing box.

dvdfab_burn_vso.log Attach for all problems. The entries are time stamped with the most recent at the top.

dvdfab_burn_imgburn.log Attach if you have ImgBurn set as the burning engine and the problem concerns disc burning. Time stamped with the most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_process.log Attach if DVDFab crashes and the crash report window does not come up or complete correctly or if internal error codes appear in the DVDFab window (“Task Failed…”). Time stamped, most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_internal.log Attach for all problems. Time stamped, most recent at the bottom. Please edit to include only the most recent or relevant log session.

Other Information:

Depending on the nature of the problem, it can help to know:
          If this happens with all discs or just one
          Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration
          If you are using external hard drives or optical drives
          If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware
          If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added.

Posts with all the requested information will be answered first.

Comment

The image I attached is what ends up on the screen after what I described occurs. There are no error codes. Once it gets to 80.01% done, it slowly drops the fps rate until it gets to 0, runs the time remaining down to 0, and sits there. It is apparently locking up at the 80.01% completion point.

This only occurs when I try to convert everything except the movie itself to DVD. Doing only the main movie works fine (except the output is basically useless due to the DVDFab advertising nag logo that pops up periodically in the output).

I am rerunning it - and will look for the log as you suggested once it locks up again. Thanks for your help.
            Last edited by Rich86; 01-16-2011, 12:18 AM.

Comment

It locked up in the exact same way in the exact same spot . . .

Internal log entries:
              DVDFab 8.0.6.8 (2011/01/15 11:16:52)

0m 00.76s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
              0m 17.20s: got bdmv
              0m 17.75s: got extended bdinfo
              1m 24.27s:

------ begin mobile work(1/1) ------

1m 24.27s: create config(5)
              1m 24.27s: convert profile(dvd.vob)
              1m 24.30s: blu-ray playlist(800) angle(0) chapter(1->16)
              1m 24.30s: stream(4113,AVC,1) stream(4352,DTS-HD MA,1) stream(4608,PGS,4)
              1m 24.31s: info: set output video frame_rate(24000/1001)
              1m 24.33s: processing source(00015.m2ts)
              1m 24.33s: try to use gpu acceleration(2) for video decoding
              1m 24.33s: DXVA GPU acceleration for video decoding enabled
              1m 27.42s: subpicture(4608) mode(1)
              63m 37.81s: info: set output video frame_rate(24000/1001)
              63m 39.49s:

------ finish mobile work ------

288m 57.51s:

------ begin mobile work(1/26) ------

288m 57.51s: create config(5)
              288m 57.51s: convert profile(dvd.vob)
              288m 57.53s: blu-ray playlist(270) angle(0) chapter(1->19)
              288m 57.54s: stream(4113,MPEG-2,1) stream(4352,AC3,1) stream(4608,PGS,4)
              288m 57.54s: info: set output video frame_rate(30000/1001)
              288m 57.56s: processing source(00016.m2ts)
              289m 00.61s: subpicture(4608) mode(1)
              289m 03.81s: processing source(00017.m2ts)
              289m 05.58s: processing source(00018.m2ts)
              289m 17.63s: processing source(00019.m2ts)
              289m 30.16s: processing source(00020.m2ts)
              289m 53.86s: processing source(00021.m2ts)
              291m 01.86s: processing source(00022.m2ts)
              291m 22.47s: processing source(00023.m2ts)
              291m 48.69s: processing source(00024.m2ts)
              292m 34.68s: processing source(00025.m2ts)
              293m 29.86s: processing source(00026.m2ts)
              293m 57.55s: processing source(00027.m2ts)
              295m 03.39s: processing source(00028.m2ts)
              295m 41.63s: processing source(00029.m2ts)
              296m 10.51s: processing source(00030.m2ts)
              296m 48.35s: processing source(00031.m2ts)
              298m 28.10s: processing source(00032.m2ts)
              298m 51.39s: processing source(00033.m2ts)
              305m 39.16s: ------ cancel all mobile work -------

There were no other entries in any other logs for today.
              System:
              quad core AMD Phenom (tower). 8gb ram. Win7Pro/64.
              Running from a source directory created by DVDFab Blu-Ray copy - to a target directory on a separate hard drive (both internal sata3 drives with plenty of room).
              More images attached . . .
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Rich86
                Please Open Fab click the Click the Green at top right corner of the DVDFab screen, and open Common Settings > General >A/V Codec, set Video Decoder to Software and set Video Encoder to Software restart Fab and try again.
                CBR929
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, the result is the same.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi Rich86

If I understand your problem right, you are saying you are trying to convert all the extras from a blu-ray to dvd,if that is the case, I am guessing that you are selecting all the titles except the main movie, 'cause you say you were able to do just main movie without a problem.
                    Now, if I understood the funcionality of the module blu-ray to dvd right, it can by now make just the main movie, it can not make the whole disc 'cause "menus" can not be converted to dvd format yet, so, I am guessing when you selected everything except movie, you are selecting the menu too, that is why I guess the program stop at that point, also if you select all titles except menu and movie, I am not sure if the final result of that will be a workable dvd, I never tried to do that by-myself, so,here at this point,if I am in a mistake about my understanding of the module blu-ray to dvd and its functionality, any moderator, please correct me.
                    About the watermark embedded in the converted dvd, and your remark of being a useless dvd, when you buy the program it won't be anymore on your dvds.

Tony
                    Last edited by the white wolf; 01-16-2011, 04:22 AM. Reason: misspelled words

Comment

Originally posted by the white wolf View Post
                      Hi Rich86

If I understand your problem right, you are saying you are trying to convert all the extras from a blu-ray to dvd,if that is the case, I am guessing that you are selecting all the titles except the main movie, 'cause you say you were able to do just main movie without a problem.
                      Now, if I understood the funcionality of the module blu-ray to dvd right, it can by now make just the main movie, it can not make the whole movie 'cause "menus" can not be converted to dvd format yet, so, I am guessing when you selected everything except movie, you are selecting the menu too, that is why I guess the program stop at that point, also if you select all titles except menu and movie, I am not sure if the final result of that will be a workable dvd, I never tried to do that by-myself, so,here at this point,if I am in a mistake about my understanding of the module blu-ray and its functionality, any moderator, please correct me.
                      About the watermark embedded in the converted dvd, and your remark of being a useless dvd, when you buy the program it won't be anymore on your dvds.

Tony
                      Hi Tony,
                      Thanks very much for your remarks. I originally asked if maybe I was trying to do something that represented functionality that just wasn't there yet. I'm kind of hoping someone from Fengtao jumps in and tells us if I am trying to do something the program simply can't handle - or tell me what I'm doing wrong. DVDFab setup screen for BD2DVD offers the option to sequence the titles in whatever order the user prefers. I thought maybe it worked like DVDShrink does when you skip the menus and just let the program spin out titles to be played in whatever sequence you set them up in without menus.
                      I understand the "watermark" (what I consider and refer to as a DVDFab nag logo) issue. I still cannot imagine what the point of it is other than trying to force the potential customer to purchase outrageously priced rewritable BD media - or burn write-once BD media, which still isn't cheap, to no purpose. There is no point to it - other than to prevent a potential customer from actually getting any value out of burned BD media from the program during the trial period and possibly preventing potential customers from even trying the BD burning capabilities to prevent throwing away BD media money. Like I said earlier, I am experimenting and learning to use a new BD burner received as a gift, so I resorted to a different program to process the BD title ripped by DVDFab - and burned it using imgburn. It worked wonderfully. So, in my opinion, the DVDFab nag logo simply served as an incentive to try another competitive program (not the intent, I expect).

Thanks very much for your help.
                      Last edited by Complication; 01-17-2011, 04:39 PM. Reason: General Policies

Comment

Rich86, as Tony stated Blu-ray to DVD only handles the main movie part I believe you can read up on this on fengtao's posts and updates.

I'm however curious as why your using BD media to burn a DVD file to? You do know that you should be using DVDs and not blank BDs for burning right? Cause in your posts it sounds like your copying a blu-ray movie back to Blu-ray instead of a blank DVD.

And trust me if you want to convert your blu-rays to DVD this program is the best and only one out there so its worth its money. Also the logo is set so people / potential customers can use the program for free and back up their Blu-rays onto DVD's for free its business sense.

One more point if your gonna try the programs use re-writeables it saves you money in a long run.
                        Lancool K-56 case.
                        OCZ 700watt PSU.
                        MSI 990FXA-GD65V2 AM3+.
                        AMD 8 core FX-8120 3.1ghz.
                        ZALMAN CNPS9900MAX cooler.
                        16gb G.skill 1600mhz memory.
                        OCZ Agility 120gb SSD.
                        WD 2TB.
                        EVGA GTX Geforce 550Ti.
                        LGWH12LS38 BD-RE

Comment

Originally posted by unknownbluray View Post
                          Rich86, as Tony stated Blu-ray to DVD only handles the main movie part I believe you can read up on this on fengtao's posts and updates.

I'm however curious as why your using BD media to burn a DVD file to? You do know that you should be using DVDs and not blank BDs for burning right? Cause in your posts it sounds like your copying a blu-ray movie back to Blu-ray instead of a blank DVD.

And trust me if you want to convert your blu-rays to DVD this program is the best and only one out there so its worth its money. Also the logo is set so people / potential customers can use the program for free and back up their Blu-rays onto DVD's for free its business sense.

One more point if your gonna try the programs use re-writeables it saves you money in a long run.
                          Thanks for your post and help. I may be causing confusion by talking about 2 separate issues in one thread, and I apologize.

1. The remarks concerning the DVDFab nag logo appearing in the output had to do with the Blu-ray copy portion of the program - intended to be burned to 25gb BD media. This has nothing to do with the BD2DVD section of the program. My experiments here worked ok, except for the logo appearing in the output and one brief distortion I noticed in the output video. I only sampled a dozen or so portions of the output, so I can't say for sure all was well everywhere else. Fortunately I had set it up to write to a folder on my hard disc, to be scanned for quality before burning, so I did not actually waste any media.

2. The problem we have been discussing where the program locks up when trying to convert everything except the main movie intended for a DVD is in the BD2DVD section of the program, and I understand your remarks stating that I am, in fact, trying to do something the program is not capable of. The test I did converting only the main movie to dvd seemed to work fine and burn to dvd-rw media via imgburn just fine also

I haven't decided whether to spend the money on the blu-ray options yet. I'm thinking I need the Blu-Ray copy and Blu-Ray to DVD options (lifetime, like my DVD license is) and that isn't cheap. But I also realize I am comparing today's pricing with what I paid when I got the original DVDFab license, a number of versions and years ago. I'm also kind of tracking this whole cinavia audio pollution issue to see how Fengtao addresses it.

Thanks again.

----------------------------
                          Update:
                          I read the spec's/description tutorial section on the Blu-Ray to DVD option here:

It sure seems to me that what I am trying to do is the same as what DVDFab is supposed to be able to do according to the website info?
                          Last edited by Rich86; 01-16-2011, 07:10 AM.

Comment

The Blu-ray to DVD does not copy the Blu-ray Menu to DVD but will do everything else. The Developers are working on a menu creation for Blu-ray to DVD but no idea when available. As for the corruption you noticed switching the A/V codec to Software for all selections may work if you not try yet as mentioned earlier in post #8
                            Last edited by AGJ; 01-16-2011, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Rich,
                              thanks for clearing that up I was majorly confused with the using BD media to back up a dvd file I figured I wasnt reading it right but thought heck might as well see if I can help.

As for hangup I use to have that ever now and then when I was using a dual core processor, and an ati video card it wasnt all the time, havent had that issues since I upgraded to the X4 core, and Nvidia Cuda. But I bet your like the rest of us dvdfabbers and have the best system we can afford lol.

As for the lifetime membership I was thinking of doing that also but strapped for cash but if the 20% runs awhile longer I may just do that route since its only like 20 dollars more.

As for the cinavia protection I think Fengtao is doing a good job working around it. As I always say if they create protection theres always away around it.
                              Lancool K-56 case.
                              OCZ 700watt PSU.
                              MSI 990FXA-GD65V2 AM3+.
                              AMD 8 core FX-8120 3.1ghz.
                              ZALMAN CNPS9900MAX cooler.
                              16gb G.skill 1600mhz memory.
                              OCZ Agility 120gb SSD.
                              WD 2TB.
                              EVGA GTX Geforce 550Ti.
                              LGWH12LS38 BD-RE

Comment

Working...