Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which to buy? 'BR to DVD' OR 'BR Copy'

Hello All,

I am confused. I currently own DVDFab DVD Suite with Lifetime and recently have bought a Blu Ray Drive (not writer) for my computer. I would like to backup some BRs to the computer/dvd for archive purposes. I am not sure which to buy (lifetime), either Blu-ray to DVD or Blu-ray Copy.

Does Blu-ray to DVD allow the Blu-ray to be copied to the computer first and then do the conversion to DVD? Reason I ask it will take much longer if it is BR to DVD direct no?

If I buy BR Copy it will only copy to the computer but no DVD conversion right?

Do you understand my confusion? I want the simplest/cheapest solution, thanks

how does bluray to dvd work

how does bluray to dvd work? i am looking to purchase but am worried since the ideal way to do this is to first copy the bluray to hard drive and then convert to dvd per forum posts. can bluray2dvd allow this?

Comment

sorry meant to reply to another thread but it created a new topic .. feel free to close.

Comment

Hijack post moved to new thread.

@rsarwar

Blu-ray to DVD will not be able to copy the BD to the hard drive first. It should work fine from the disc directly. There will just be more wear on your BD drive.

You would need to purchase Blu-ray Copy if you wanted to copy to the hard drive first. I believe there is an all-4 lifetime bundle for Blu-ray is you have any interest in BD Ripper and/or 3D.

Comment

Originally posted by rsarwar View Post
          sorry meant to reply to another thread but it created a new topic .. feel free to close.
          Ok, ok, so I don't type fast enough. You did successfully post on another thread which was incorrect because your post was asking a new question rather than attempting to help the OP. Don't worry, new threads are really cheap.

Comment

Didn't see your original thread. Threads merged.

Comment

Thanks Complicaion and sorry for the mixup

Regarding the BR to DVD .. that is what I thought, it will wear the drive more which is not something I am too happy about .. I pay for lifetime of the software to realise the drive has a shorter life span and I will have to buy another very soon The bundle is a bit expensive for lifetime which makes more sense to buy rather than the 1yr .. I will have to save up a bit to get it unless a discount come around from DVDFab soon.

Comment

Hi rsarwar,

For the current Blu-ray toolkit, you would save nearly 128 US dollars for lifetime.
                Standard Price: 347.30 USD $
                Bundle saving: 36.7% off->-127.30 USD $
                Total Price: 220.00 USD $
                We are offering 20% off (coupon code: FAB-BTH-OFF )->-44.00 USD
                You can get lifetime Blu-ray toolkit at 176.00 USD finally.

Please don't miss out.

Sincerely,
                --
                Sunny

Comment

blu-ray to dvd

I've been playing around with this also as a long-time DVDFab customer on the DVD side, and considering the blu-ray modules.
                  Blu-Ray to DVD works fine with either a blu-ray disc or ripped files as the source. The only thing it cannot do from my testing is permit resequencing of selected titles when running them out to DVD (it locks up at some point). You can select multiple titles to convert - but must leave them in the order the program first displays them.
                  If you only want the DVD version of the title on your hard disc, there really is little reason to run Blu-Ray copy first, and then run Blu-Ray to DVD, ending up with the title in both formats sitting on your hard drive. If you want to be able to store the title in either Blu-Ray or DVD formats on your hard disc, then you need both program modules.

Comment

Working...
                  X