Blu-Ray to DVD help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-Ray to DVD help

Would like some advice on how to burn blu-ray to DVD and not get the commentary. Wanted the movie only. Just trashed 2 DVD-DL. HELP!

First off, untick all audio streams except the main audio track.
    This main track will be something like True HD or DTS-HD
    (not AC-3/5.1, AC-3/2...)

You should listen to it to be certain.
    Here also, I would be certain that you tick
    Remove HD audio
    (You're not removing the entire sound track, just extracting the core).

Rip the main movie to your hdd without any compression.

Now play it back from the hdd with a software player such as VLC or Media Player Classic...
    that is,
    unless you're feeling lucky and don't mind another coaster in your collection...

Now select the Blu-ray to DVD module.
    Select the already ripped files as Source.
    I believe the function to remove HD audio is ticked on and grayed out (inoperative ) for this module, but it never hurts to make certain.

This module has had some problems with the Write size for +R DL when fixed at as 8152 MB.
    It tends to overshoot a bit. You might want to lower it to 8100 MB or rip it again to your hdd in BD ---> BD mode
    just to make sure you're not creating more coasters.

The burns from here on should go a lot easier
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Blu-Ray to DVD

I have been experimenting with this program for a couple of weeks now, and thought I would share what has been working for me. This is not to debate or criticize what you've already been told - just sharing what I have found successful.

1. Blu-ray Copy: rip the entire title (Full Disc) to your hard disc. All audio tracks, all subtitles, etc.
      2. Test the copy on your hard disc to make sure you know the correct title, audio and subtitles to pick. I do this through playback with a blu-ray playback program like VLC, Media Player Classic or Roxio's Cineplayer (if you have that program suite with the blu-ray plug-in module).
      3. Blu-Ray to DVD: select the appropriate main title, audio and subtitle identified above, choose your output size (DVD5 or DVD9) and select a hard disc folder as your output. If your system has dual high capacity/high speed drives, this works quite well.
      4. Test the DVD version. Playback that DVD folder to test it.
      5. If all is well, burn your disc with imgburn.

Comment

Blu ray to DVD

First off, thanks in advance for your help and guidance.

I already own DVDFab blu ray copy, but I'm wanting to test out Blu ray to DVD and make sure it works before I buy it as well. I tried already, but I obviously did something wrong, so I'm here looking for guidance.

I read the 2 responses, but they differ in opinions. Also, I'm a little fuzzy on the responses.

"Rip the main movie to your hdd without any compression." vs "1. Blu-ray Copy: rip the entire title (Full Disc) to your hard disc. All audio tracks, all subtitles, etc."
        Which option is better? I personally only care about the movie itself (not trailers, special effects at the end, etc) If I do select just the main movie, should I just rip the biggest file or do I need to find some audio selection as well?

"5. If all is well, burn your disc with imgburn."
        I thought this was the purpose of Blu Ray to DVD? Again, I'm confused, so I could be missing something, but why do you use imgburn?

Thanks again for the help guys!

Comment

Working...
        X