Blue Ray to DVD quality b4 burn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue Ray to DVD quality b4 burn

One thing i noticed is people complaining bout audio out of sink and burning failures. I to hate this. i only had 1 movie so far with out of audio sink and i havent really gotten to fixing it yet. However!!!

to get better quality for a blue ray to dvd conversion i recommend first alot of hard drive space roughly 80gig. using external harddrives can really help you can get 2tb external hard drives for 100-120$ from places like newegg.com and tigerdirect.

i prefer the fantom drives, not the green ones how ever cause the power down can cause some problems, and well for movies we dont want this.

Now, as for the steps to get better dvds outta dvdfab from blue ray conversion there is 3 steps. tedious i know but till they make a few changes you have to take the extra step.

1st step:
    Backup the blue ray to the harddrive.

2nd step:
    Use Blue ray to DVD and burn it to a folder. I cant remember exactly at this time but i believe it burns it in a full disc folder in the folder you want it to burn to.

3rd step: the tedious one...
    Use DVD full disc copy as .iso file, this will allow you to run the copy as a disc using DVDFab Virtual Drive to test play using windows media player or powerdvd. what ever you use to play the disc.

If the audio is out of sink you only have to go back to the 2nd step to try again. 3rd step should be rather quick, if you used dual layer size, make sure during 3rd step you still have it set to dual layer size dvd9.

burning

to burn the disc after you tested and it worked properly. i prefer to keep the .iso file for burning and playing from the harddrive.

suggested methods are:
    imgburn as some people dont really like dvdfabs burning.
    nero as far as i know still supports .iso files.
    cyberlink power to go also burns .iso files well.

Comment

tv series and audio sync

Another thing i wanted to post about was converting shows.

I own the blue ray version of the anime Tsubasa. when i went to convert i was like i'll just do the whole movie, not each episode alone. However the final resault had its audio way off.

For tv shows and i'd recommend you take the time to check all the episode files, you can make sure they are in proper order b4 you make the dvd conversion.

Again i recommend burning to the harddrive, and then using full disc dvd to make it a .iso file to test.

Comment

Working...
      X