Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BluRay to DVD disc runs fine in DVD players but not in a BluRay player!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BluRay to DVD disc runs fine in DVD players but not in a BluRay player!

This is weird. Tried this with two different film backups from BluRay to DVD, using a 4.7Gb DVD-R and an 8.3Gb DVD+R and the DVD discs play fine on PCs, PS3s and DVD players but video playback is jerky (audio is fine) when I view the 4.7Gb disc on an actual standalone BluRay player, and the 8.3Gb disc can't be read at all!

All real DVD and BluRay players are Panasonic models. The BluRay player is only profile 1.1 (not sure if that is at all relevant considering we are talking about DVD playback!).

Anyone got any ideas as to why the discs play fine on everything except on a BluRay player?

Hi RichardH
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s) and post right here.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Sorry for the delay in replying.

I think I've found the problem. For some reason my Panasonic BluRay player doesn't like discs that are created by converting directly from the BluRay disc to a DVD disc on my PC. If I convert to a folder on my HD first and then create the DVD in DVDFab using the DVD files on the HD then the discs playback fine.

Comment

Working...
      X