Conversion issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conversion issue

Hey guys seem to have a new issue with converting bluray to dvd. I converted transformers bluray to dvd before, worked. KIDS scratched it, lucky me, went to make a new one and am having problems with this peticular dvd for some reason. The new dvd freezes alot and at the start of playback I get some choppy audio playback. I am using 8.0.9.2 dvd fab. Can someone point me in the right direction for proper conversion settings. I have missed something thanks. I have checked previous threads but haven't found any answers.

regards rip

Make sure the A/V codec settings are set to all Software and as well make sure Lightning Recoding is not checked

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
      Make sure the A/V codec settings are set to all Software and as well make sure Lightning Recoding is not checked
      Thanks for the help AGJ and also happy victoria day. Okay I have unchecked lightning recording, but when you mention A/V codec settings are set to all Software, is this for video decoding and encoding aswell?

Comment

Hi

1.yes, please open Common Settings->General->A/V Codec, set all the video decoder options as software and set video encoder as software, then convert/copy again to see the result.

2.Please post all of your log files if you still have the problem.

The default location is:
        For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Thanks Cici Jia, I will start up another conversion session, later on and post my results. Thabnks for the help.

Regards Rip

Comment

Was wondering also, after reading the bluray to dvd tutorial, is it better to convert a blu ray to hard drive then use ripper to burn as a dvd?

Comment

Yes! Always!
              sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
              For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Can you use this method for either dvd5 or dvd9?

Comment

No matter what conversion you will perform, what profile or mode you will chose, it's always recommended to create copy (rip) of your original content to your HDD and then use it as a source for all conversions. This way you can create stable environment for packet transfer across your machine and relieve your optical drive(s).
                  sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

So should I purchase the blu ray copy aswell? Or just stick with the bluray to dvd and save on my hard drive?

Comment

The choice is yours. I would buy BR Copy, in fact I did buy it, all of them
                      sigpic

Comment

Your right. I just purchased the bluray copy, and the dvd ripper. This process of converting to vob files to copy onto a dvd is fantastic. My dvd player in the minivan will get some new life to it. At home I have an upconverting toshiba dvd player connected through an hdmi cable and the results were very impressive.

Thank you very much for your help IPopov 50.

I will post any further questions I might have. I still am quite the newb when it comes to Blu ray.

regards Rip

Comment

Rip,
                          You are certainly very welcome. Come back here, don't be a stranger, even you do not have any problems and question.
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks. But I have tried the Transformers 1 Bluray again using the Blu ray to Dvd and again I have some issues.

At the start I get choppy sound and during playback the dvd9 freezes.
                            I am playing back on a toshiba upconverter through an hdmi cable. I have altered and played with the player settings and have determined that this is not the issue. I have played the movie Hidalgo which is a Bluray converted to a Dvd9. Here is my in internal log for my last attempt at Transformers 1.

2011-06-10 17:47:55 ---- ******************** Log session stop 10-Jun 17:47:55.185 PID 4820********************
                            2011-06-10 17:45:51 Info No disc in drive.
                            2011-06-10 17:45:41 Info WRITE SUCCESS: Disc written
                            2011-06-10 17:45:41 Info Finalization Time 00:00:55 - Total completion time 00:29:03
                            2011-06-10 17:44:46 Info Write finished in 00:28:08 - Finalization start here. Avg. burn rate 4.01
                            2011-06-10 17:16:40 Info Lead-in burning time (mS) 2669
                            2011-06-10 17:16:37 Info Write started 4169232 sectors to write
                            2011-06-10 17:16:37 Info Init success: DVD+R Dual Layer
                            2011-06-10 17:16:37 Info Init DVD+R Dual Layer: Layer change set to LBA 2084624 (3.98 Gb.)
                            2011-06-10 17:15:54 Info Writing speed requested x4.0, effective x4.0
                            2011-06-10 17:15:52 Info layer break set by filesystem builder at 0
                            2011-06-10 17:15:52 Info Available write speed: 4x ,2.4x
                            2011-06-10 17:15:52 Info Media ID: RITEK-S04-42
                            2011-06-10 17:15:52 Info Media type: Dual Layer DVD+R
                            2011-06-10 17:15:52 Info PIO Mode
                            2011-06-10 17:15:52 Info Scanned files #12, folder #2 - total size 8537477120 b. (7.95 Gb.)
                            2011-06-10 17:15:52 Info Inserted media type : DL DVD+R
                            2011-06-10 17:15:52 Info Write started
                            2011-06-10 17:15:48 Info Writable disc DL DVD+R inserted. Ready to write
                            2011-06-10 17:15:46 Info Compatible media types : DVD-R, DVD-RW Seq., DVD-RW RO, DVDRAM, DVD+R, DVD+RW, CD-R, CD-RW, DL DVD+R, DL DVD-R
                            2011-06-10 17:15:46 Info Drive has Serial ATA physical interface
                            2011-06-10 17:15:46 Info New Drive selected : 0:1:0 - TSSTcorp DVDWBD TS-LB23A SC00 [E] (Ide)
                            2011-06-10 17:14:29 Info Current Drive selected : 0:1:0 - TSSTcorp DVDWBD TS-LB23A SC00 [E] (Ide)
                            2011-06-10 17:14:29 Info Using Advanced SPTI interface
                            2011-06-10 17:14:29 Info System default language : English (Canada)
                            2011-06-10 17:14:29 Info User default language : English (Canada)
                            2011-06-10 17:14:29 Info DLL Version : 4.0.19.487
                            2011-06-10 17:14:29 Info DLL : C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 8 Qt\vso_hwe.dll
                            2011-06-10 17:14:29 Info Version : 8, 0, 9, 8
                            2011-06-10 17:14:29 Info ExeName : C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 8 Qt\DVDFab.exe
                            2011-06-10 17:14:29 Info OS : Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (Build 7600)
                            2011-06-10 17:14:29 ---- ******************** Log session start 10-Jun 17:14:29.013 PID 4820********************

I am new at this blue ray conversion process.

I have the A/V codec settings all set to Software and as Lightning Recoding is not checked.

I am running DVDFAB 8.0.9.8 Registered User on a Win 7 Platform. I am using a Samsung NP-R580-JSB1US with a Intel Core i5 i5-430M / 2.26 GHz Multi-Core Technology Dual-Core 64-bit Data Bus Speed 1066.0 MHz L2 cache Installed Size 3.0 MB 4.0 GB of DDR3 SDRAM with a video card NVIDIA GeForce 310M with 512.0 MB GDDR3 SDRAM

thanks in advance Rip

Comment

Hi ripvanwinkle1819
                              Your drive is in PIO mode, Open Fab Click the Green top right > General > make sure Check for DMA Automatically is Checked and also Click the Reset DMA to the right click OK and restart Fab.
                              CBR929

EDIT: The disc's you are using to burn with are considered garbage. Sorry

If doing dual layer consider picking up some Verbatim with the AZO dye on the label.

You may also have better luck using ImgBurn as your burn engine, you will find instructions on setting it up with Fab by clicking on the link in my signature.
                              ImgBurn will prompt you for the layer break on dual layer disc's, just pick the one with the best rating with the stars.
                              Remember to set up the AWS in ImgBurn, usually you will set it to 1/2 the rated speed of the disc, but in your case with these disc's you will choose 2.4.
                              Really consider picking up better media, I am speaking from experience, and just this week I had to make 2 backups of my sons movies because I used garbage media.
                              Last edited by CBR929; 06-11-2011, 12:52 AM. Reason: EDIT
                              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
                              X