Looong Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looong Time

So I started a blu-ray to dvd conversion about 2 hours ago and I do not see any progress indication.

It is a 2 hour blu-ray and I was converting to a DVD9. The Elapsed time keeps counting up, but there is absolutely no indication of progress and no estimated time left. I see it has created the DVD folders with an AUDIO and VIDEO folder, but they are empty. DVDFab doesn't seem to be using a lot a resources either... Currently Firefox is using more RAM and the CPU is registering as 0.

Is there something wrong? Is this normal? For a 2 hour blu-ray how long should this process take?

Core i7 920 2.67GHz
    6GB RAM
    Win7 Pro 64bit
    ATi 5870

Reset DMA to convert again to see

Hi, you can open Common Settings window, go to "General", then "Reset DMA" to convert again to see if that makes any progress.

Comment

Same Problem...

Hi, I'm new here...just started using dvdfab a couple of months ago. I have the same problem. When I try to convert any blu-ray movie to dvd (tried both going to disc directly and creating files on hard drive, as well as both dvd5 and dvd9), I get the time elapsed counter moving steadily while the task time left and task time elapsed remain at 0. I let it sit for 1 hour and 43 minutes and no change (except the time elapsed counter telling me it had been 1 hour and 43 minutes). It simply says "Blu-Ray to DVD - Processing" above the Info tab.

I tried multiple blu-ray files, thinking maybe one was bad, but they all have the same problem. I tried resetting DMA and restarting my computer, but it had no effect. I also am using version 8.1.0.0

Sandy Bridge 2600K OC'd
      Corsair Vertex 3 SSD
      Win 7 64 Pro
      GTX 570
      16 GB ram

Comment

Just so I know, about how long should I wait until I see some sort of progress indication?

I reset the DMA, rebooted because it asked me to, and I has been running for about 15 mins now with no indication of progress... Only the Elapsed Time clock counting up.

Comment

Hi StHapns247,

1) Please use Blu-ray Copy - Full Disc, make an uncompressed bd movie folder saving on your hard drive;
          2) Go to Blu-ray to DVD, add the ripped bd movie folder as source and your HDD as the target, transfer blu-ray movie to DVD format files;
          3) Then burn the dvd folder to blank dvd9 media.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
          X