Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creating Image - Layer Break Issue or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating Image - Layer Break Issue or not?

Why is there not an option when using Blu-ray to DVD to create an image?

I like to use the DVD9 size to archive my discs, as it provides relatively excellent video quality (not as good as Blu-ray, of course) and uses much less space on my hard drive. The Blu-ray to Blu-ray options also provide space savings, but I like the flexibility of a DVD iso, as it plays back on my media player without issue, and a Blu-ray iso file will not.

But, unlike DVD to DVD, I cannot set DVDFab to produce an iso image as the final result. I am relegated to chosing the DVD9 size, and converting the Blu-ray to DVD folders.

Now it seems that every time I do that, and then try to use Imgburn to create an iso from the created folders, I get the message that Imgburn could not locate any area in which to create a layer break.

I create the image anyway, and it plays back just fine from the harddrive with good quality- in fact, with outstanding quality for the hard disk savings,

But I have not actually tried to burn a disc from the iso. If I did, is it likely to burn correctly using a DVD+R DL disc? I am guessing that the disc would burn just fine. I gather that this warning applies to DVD-R DL media only. Am I correct?

Originally posted by newlymobile View Post
    Am I correct?
    Correct
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Thanks. I would still like to have built in iso creation for a Blu-ray to DVD conversion.

It would just take a step out of the process and afford additional time savings.

I also observe that I am on such a space saving bent, I am even finding the DVD5 setting to afford sufficient archiving results. And if I need to have blu- ray quality, I can just fish out the original disc.

DVDFab is a great product!

Comment

Working...
      X