DVD subtitles won't play in DVD player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD subtitles won't play in DVD player

I recently purchased the "all-in-one" version of DVDFab, and the BluRay to DVD feature was the primary reason. I was getting tired of using tools like MultiAVCHD or TMPGEnc DVD Author to convert my BluRays to DVD, mainly because subtitles are either not handled correctly (MultiAVCHD) or not supported (TMPGEnc) during the conversion.

I found the same subtitle conversion issue with DVDFab Blu-ray to DVD. It produces the same results as the BDSup2Sub.jar support program that MultiAVCHD does - namely on hardware DVD players the subtitles on the resulting DVD do not work (they are simply not shown when turned on), though they work fine on computer software players like PowerDVD.

My solution for the issues with MultiAVCHD was to instead manually use the time consuming suprip program that uses OCR to convert the extracted *.sup bluray subtitles into text based *.srt subtitles, and then re-mux them back into the DVD with TMPGEnc DVD Author, which only supports subtitles in the *.srt format.

This and the apparently lack of two-pass conversion in DVDFab Blu-ray to DVD (am I missing that option somewhere) is causing me to abandon it as a replacment method. Can this issue be fixed?
Working...
X