Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blu-ray movie compression quality problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-ray movie compression quality problems.

Hi,

I was wandering if anybody has a solution to my problem, which is that the two blu-ray movies I copied, Transformers dark of the moon and Cowboys and aliens, both came out blurry, pixelated, I used full copy mode. I tried two different ways of copying the movies. I first copy and compress to a BD-R disc in my drive, and I 've also tried copying to hdd, and then compressing to a BD-R disc. Both times the movies came out looking less than high deff
    10:80P. Like I said, the movies look grainy, blurry and pixelated. They don't look that ahful, that you can't watch them, but their much less the quality of the originals. Am I doing something wrong? I back up Avatar to a BD-R disc before, and the movie came out looking great, with very little notice in quality degregation. What is the problem here? Am I the problem? The way in which I copied the movies perhaps? Here is a copy of my internal Dvdfab log.
    Attached Files

Please try with A-V codecs all set to Softare (which means disable GPU acceleration).
    人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
    Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

I tried like you said, and checked the disable GPU codecs, I set them all to software. It seems to have worked, the movie cowboys and aliens looks much better. I haven't try to copy transformers yet, but when I get a chance I'll try to see if the movie quality improves as well. Thank you for the help. Why does having the GPU codecs on, makes blue-ray movies look so grainy, and pixelated? I thought the GPU aceleration was supose to help. I notice that with only the software turn on, and not the gpu codecs, it takes much longer to copy and burn a movie. Is it a problem with the video card? Do I need to upgrade the firmware, or driver on my gpu? I believe I have the latest of both driver, and firmware for my invidia gtx 550TI card. Is there anyway to speed up the copying and burning process of my blue-ray movies without having the gpu codecs on?

Comment

I have found that turning off GPU. turning ON lightning encode and turning ON turbo CPU works well for me.

Comment

Working...
        X