Conversion Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conversion Problem

Can anyone tell me why when i convert, the DVD will not play on my DVD player. It will play on my pc but not on my regular DVD player ??

not to make it sound like a nooby question. but are you sure your using bluray to dvd, or just compressing blue ray to dvd9-5. Compressing to dvd 9 or 5 only makes it the size of a dvd but its still read as a blue ray.

Comment

Nope

Well it was a Blu Ray movie that i had already compressed. I then did the Blu Ray to DVD copy conversion to my hard drive. Then i copied it to a blank DVD. It wouldn't copy to a blank DVD if was still a Blu Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by singleman5 View Post
        It wouldn't copy to a blank DVD if was still a Blu Ray.
        Sure it would, but I'm not meaning to beat you up.
        You said you used Blu Ray to DVD so we're clear on that.

Could be any number of issues, for eg., not finalizing properly would explain not playing in your standalone, yet playing ok in your pc.
        Using VSO or Img?...if the former, suggest you switch to Img.

Please post your burn log and hopefully we'll be able to offer specific advice

Comment

Probably........

I was told that it is probably my Verbatim DVD media. These are the cheaper version that i bought that were on sale. I burned a good copy on my other BD ROM, DVD drive that worked in my DVD player. I am gonna buy some good Verbatims and it should be ok. Thanks for Help.

Comment

Glad to hear you're all set.

Comment

When I used to burn discs, I always used DVD+R media for compatibility as some DVD players won't play DVD-R media, whereas PCs have no problem.

Comment

Working...
              X