This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using ImgBurn instead VSO

Have been using DVDFab since before version 3 and recently discovered about ImgBurn in this forum once I added BluRay Copy and BluRay to DVD modules.

Have problem with ImgBurn and DVD9 in BluRay to DVD -- sent tech support request to DVDFab about which burning engine to use they flat out responded that ImgBurn is better.

If one is not supposed to discuss ImgBurn in this forum, then why is it an option in the DVDFab program itself?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by Guest; 03-08-2012, 02:00 AM. Reason: edit sarcasum & better be the last time

curious though...

is the use of Imgburn just a personal choice?
    I've used the dvdfab burner without fail, dvd5 or dvd9.

what's the difference between dvdfab burner and imgburn?
    pros, cons.

Comment

There has never been a post stating not to mention Imgburn .
      It is the preferred burn engine for those that have been around a few years.

Imgburn has been recommended by most if not all the moderators .

Comment

Have always used the VSO engine with DVDCopy without a problem. Read in several posts in the forum here (once I bought a BluRay burner I started reading threads - obviously not the date of the thread) that ImgBurn was the program of choice.

I used it and found it is much more work than I expected. Have been used to sticking disc in DVD drive D and targeting DVD drive E and coming back once VSO engine burned the disk.

I am new to the forum (any forum for that matter) sorry if go on and on.

Comment

DVDFab's DVD Copy module is what I've been referring to - in case anyone thought that was some other program.

Have tried other programs -- DVDFab the best.

Maybe no one is still having problem burning DVD9 file created in Blu Ray to DVD module of DVDFab when receiving "End of World" message in ImgBurn - here's what I've done:

1)Run VobBlanker to create layerbreak for ImgBurn -- perfect burn.

2)Used DVD9 file as source in DVDFab's DVD Copy module with DVD9 output selected and burned with VSO -- perfect burn.

There are more options (apparently) when using ImgBurn, but you can set it and forget it with DVDFab's DVD Copy solution.

Comment

I prefer ImgBurn to VSO, however, for the Blu-Ray to DVD 9 option, I set the burn engine to VSO. This avoids all the "End of the World" stuff, and still gives me a perfectly playable copy.
            My bigger problem is subtitles - they appear, disappear, and are seldom in sync. However, I can live without subs for most backups.

Comment

Working...
            X