"The Stand" (1994 TV movie) periodically freezes during playback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD to BD "The Stand" (1994 TV movie) periodically freezes during playback

Not really sure where to post this, as it concerns DVD Copy, DVD-BD copy and DVDFab Movie Server. All are updated to the latest versions.

Anyway, I have Stephen King's 1994 "The Stand" made for TV movie on DVD. When I use DVD copy (ISO output file), DMS only plays the last episode ("The Stand"). The first 3 ("The Plague", etc) are missing, even after I correctly identify all 4 episodes in DVD Copy. ISO file size appears correct as 8.1GB, as each episode is around 2 complete 1GB VOB file and there are 4 episodes total.

DMS scraper also refuses to find the movie, although the nfo meta info file appears to be correct. I have to play it from the video tab as neither Movies nor TV lists it. So today I upgraded DVDFab to include DVD-BD converter option, and copied the entire movie to BD9 format. DMS now plays all 4 episodes in correct order, but a new problem - during playback, the screen freezes for 5+ seconds, about once a minute or so. Audio continues to play however. Any ideas on what is going on? This is the first DVD-BD conversion I have tried, so I don't know if this is a common problem or not. The DVD files play fine on Cyberlink PowerDVD 17

dvdfab_internal1.log
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DaveH50; 01-04-2021, 11:00 PM.

You mentioned that the playback is fine on PowerDVD, so it could be an issue with the DMS. Where did you save the file, in the internal hard drive of the movie server or NAS? Please upload the ISO file to our FTP, also, send the log file via DMS - Feedback, and then post the log ID.
    Please check PM for FTP info, thank you.

Comment

Working...
    X