BluRay to DVD, then to appleTV fails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BluRay to DVD, then to appleTV fails

Ok, I got excited about this...trying to get bluray to appletv.

I use the demo of blu-ray to dvd and make the dvd image...which
    plays just fine using VLC.

I then attempt to convert to appletv using DVD ripper...since it is supposed to be a DVD image right? well it fails. well, it fails at failing too. I start it going and the task time left increases (yes increases) until it reads 00:00:00.

I just have to kill it since it is doing nothing!

Any ideas?

DVDfab support are you listening?

Just to let you know, I think it is an issue with 8.0.4 I have ripped two DVD's, and when they are done, the finish button never gets activated. It just keeps saying 100%, and time keeps counting up. I use the two pass process to get a better quality. If I switch to the 1 pass, it completes. I may consider switching back to 7x if this continues..... It has worked great for nearly three years, then the last two or three versions have had some issues. I am hoping it is jsut growing pains, and they will get this ironed out, soon!

Also, I am ripping to AppleTV (mp4) format.

Comment

Hi All:
      Devs are working on this.

Thanks,
      Potti

Comment

found another issue...

I managed to have a second run at Terminator on Blu-Ray.
        Used Blu-Ray to DVD and it appeared to convert and create an appropriate directory structure. However, when I use the "Convert Video" function, it does not see the DVD folder as a singular video, it pulls up, if I recall, five separate videos...relating to each vob in the directory.

Obviously, this is not optimal.

Comment

Originally posted by timmymac123 View Post
          I managed to have a second run at Terminator on Blu-Ray.
          Used Blu-Ray to DVD and it appeared to convert and create an appropriate directory structure. However, when I use the "Convert Video" function, it does not see the DVD folder as a singular video, it pulls up, if I recall, five separate videos...relating to each vob in the directory.

Obviously, this is not optimal.
          Not supposed to use the Video Converter on DVD as you supposed to use the DVD Ripper for that.

Comment

Working...
          X