This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ImgBurn refuses to burn DL-DVD made with BluRay to DVD

I need some help. I use ImgBurn as the N°1 burning software for DVD and BluRay. But this time it shatters. I compressed a movie from BR to DVD and the folder is now 8000 Mbytes big. Thats about 160 Mbyte less than the capacity of a DL-DVD. But ImgBurn cannot find a point for the layer break and refuses to burn the disc. Also Nero does this: "Disc maybe not be readable".
    I read in an other thread, that another user had the same problem and changed to the VSO burning engine. I never used this software and i would like it better to use ImgBurn, it´s more familiar to me. So has anybody a clue what i can do? Is there a problem with ImgBurn in companion with BR to DVD? Or can i use another software for authoring the vob-files for a better fit with ImgBurn?
    Any help appreciated.

Thanks

An00bis
    I was cured - all right

ImgBurn may not work due to having no layer break since you are converting a Blu-ray to DVD. You may need to use the VSO burn engine that come bundled with DVDFab to burn DL DVD

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
      ImgBurn may not work due to having no layer break since you are converting a Blu-ray to DVD. You may need to use the VSO burn engine that come bundled with DVDFab to burn DL DVD
      Thanks, i will try
      I was cured - all right

Comment

Tried to burn with VSO engine but the result is disappointing. Massive jitter and out of sync sound makes the disc unusable. This is the first product i own from Fab which doesn't have the promised functions. I'm a long time user since Platinum 4 and Fab never disappointed me - until now. I bought BluRay Copy in spring when it came out and so i did with BR to DVD a week ago. I will wait a few months, maybe the code gets approved and burning a disk will be possible with other burning software. But it's for sure the last Fab-software i bought as an "early inventor" when it comes out. This is too disappointing to me.
        I was cured - all right

Comment

New version

Hi Anoobis,

Please install DVDFab 8.0.5.0 at http://www.dvdfab.com/order.htm to see the result.

Comment

ImgBurn will work with DVD9 in BluRay to DVD module

ImgBurn will work with DVD9 in BluRay to DVD -- I had an "End of the World" message from it with The Pelican Brief, but it did fine with a DVD9 of "The Debt."
            Elsewhere in this forum is mentioned VobBlanker to use when you receive this end of world message and there are instructions on how to use it.

DVDCopy (if you have it) is a nifty workaround for "END OF WORLD." I created a DVD9 folder in BluRay to DVD (D9) for The Pelican Brief and used it as source in DVDCopy and selected DVD9 output to target DVD drive and burned with VSO burning engine -- worked perfectly. Interestingly DVDCopy stated that I was compressing the disc slightly -- a 99% copy (I can live with that). It took a total of about 15 minutes from beginning to end in DVDCopy.

I am looking forward to trying VobBlanker -- ImgBurn specifies a range where the break should be located. With VobBlanker you can specify (within that range) where you want the break, and you can preview that section of the movie so you can see the exact location of the layerbreak.

When I burned The Debt to DVD9 with ImgBurn it popped up with a couple of choices for me to choose which one for layer break and it rates them with a colored star system (pretty slick).

Comment

FAB ulous
              You have made two rambling post to threads that are between 7 and 17 months old.
              Both of which are advocating the use of other software.

Look at the date of a thread before posting if you want to be taken seriously and keep in mind that this is the DVDFab forum.

Comment

Working...
              X