Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with Cinavia what am i doing wrong, also noticed something for the developers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Question Help with Cinavia what am i doing wrong, also noticed something for the developers

OK so...first..
    i noticed that on my recent back ups with dvdfab version 9 that i never experienced before with cinavia.

using version 8, i used to back up my movies. always used "clone".
    i used to get cinavia notices from dvdfab and how if i clone, it wont be playable on ps3 etc... i didnt care as i only needed a back up of my movies and watched on computer via iso and cyberlink power dvd 12.

now that im on paid lifetime version 9, i use "full disc" which i believe is the replacement off the term "clone" in version 8.
    i get notice of cinavia, as i did in the past. BUT, now when i watch my movies from ISO, 20 minutes in i get the cinavia notice and the audio mutes out. Im using the same computer, same cyberlink powerdvd 12 to watch my isos. what makes things even more confusing is that dvdfab lists the "last witch hunter" as "supported" and i have dvdfab set to remove cinavia.
    yet, last night my back up copy "full disc copy" got muted.

i thought that cloning and full copy just backs up into an ISO... and when i play it via iso, the player shouldnt even know its a copy. and wouldnt activate the cinavia muting. is that correct?
    i dont understand what im doing wrong. When i read a log file for the movie copied, the log file shows no cinavia.

on another note, this may be of some info to the developers-
    Once my movie is backed up into an iso, i can mount the iso, and then brows into the mounted file... if i brwose to the stream folder and click on the individual mts files for the blue ray, my powerdvd prgram plays each individual file ( some discs has the entire movie in one large mts file of 35 gigs, other movies has it split up in multiple mts files.) BUT, when i play the files that way, even discs with cinavia, it does not activate the protection. I wonder if this could help the developers working with cinavia?

read here - http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=28485

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
      i see, so then it wont remove cinavia on "full disc" copy. i understand

so my follow up question is:

In dvd fab 8 there was "clone"
      but dvdfab 9 has "full disc copy"

if i CLONE, and watch from ISO, cinavia SHOULDNT be an issue ( unless i watching on PS3 which im not)

BUT, where is the "clone" feature in 9? i never had problems cloning with cinavia and playing iso on 8...

unless im doing something wrong in 9?

Comment

see here -
        https://www.dvdfab.cn/blu-ray-copy.htm
        Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 12-09-2022, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Find it in "Copy" here:
          Attached Files
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

oh perfect... ! this is what i need.

my "cloned" copies now should NOT activate cinavia.
            this will hold me over until the movie i have is supported by DVDfab to remove cinavia.

thank you so much guys.

Comment

Working...
            X