Dolby Atmos Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio Playback Issue Dolby Atmos Removal

I tried backing up both "Sicario" & "Minions" and was successful in removing Cinavia from both titles; however, both my A/V receivers do not recognize Dolby Atmos as being present (no Doby Atmos decoding) & they did for both titles on the original disc.
    Is anyone aware of this issue & is a fix forthcoming?
    I haven't tried, but is this an issue for DTS X also?
    FYI. Cinavia infected discs with Dolby Atmos can be copied (without the Cinavia Removal) and they play fine on pre-20012 bluray players.
    Thanks.

The sound is not always the same as what's on your version of the store brought disk they might of used a overseas version with different soundtracks so if you want the sound to be exactly the same as what's on your disk you must copy the disk with Cinavia included and play such disk on a non effected software player or as you say a older bly ray player not effected by Cinavia.

Comment

Dolby Atmos Removal

If I understand this response correctly, its saying that the sountracks on my discs are being replace with a different one & those soundtracks did not have Dolby Atmos encoding. I find this hard to beleive & improbable.
      On a non Doby Atmos enabled receiver, the sound decoding doesn't change from the Original disc to the modified one.
      Thanks for the help, but I would like to hear from the CinaviaRemoval developers.

Comment

you can look here - http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=28727
        to see the cinavia audio track that is repaired for minions.

and for sicario - http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=28725

Comment

Dolby Atmos Removal

Yes, those lists show the streams that a Bluray play detects: TrueHD, True-HD 7.1 & DTS-HD MA 7.1 (dts x) and its the bluray player that detects Cinavia. Its not the bluray player that detects Dolby Atmos or DTS X, but the receiver.
          Of those listings, only "Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2" shows that the ATMOS track has been repair as well as cinavia.
          I have a number of discs on your lists that have Doby Atmos & DTS X on them, but the only listing, as mentioned, show ATMOS.
          The issue I have is that Dolby Atmos & DTS X seems to be overlooked in the Cinavia Removal process. Also, the number of DA & DX discs seems to be growing rapidly. I do not want to hear that the C Removals software is useless for backing up those discs.

Comment

If you would have read the Cinavia FAQ, you would have seen the following line:
            Code:
            The "cleaned" audio is LPCM multichannel (including 5.1 or 7.1) format
            That means there is no longer any type of DTS or Dolby audio stream. Therefore no ATMOS.

Comment

Dolby Atmos Removal

Now I understand. Multichannel is removed & you get LPCM. I didn't realize that my receivers were re-encloding multichannel from the LPCM & the difference wasn't that great. However the differnce in experience from Dolby Atmos or DTS X is so great, that I find it useless to bother with CinaciaRemoval.
              Thanks for the understanding.

Comment

In my system atmos really doesn't make that much difference and it's on so few disks.LCPM is a uncompressed format so you get very good sound.I really can't tell the difference and do have a 9.2 sound system 2 speakers pointed at the ceiling for atmos and 6 transducers (bass shakers) in all the sofa's chairs and love seats and one thousand watts powering it.
                If you want it just play the store brought disks for atmos bet you don't have many as there's not that many out.Like I said also you can keep the Cinavia in and make a atmos copy really not a problem.
                Last edited by 3dman; 09-22-2016, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by taoistguy View Post
                  I didn't realize that my receivers were re-encloding multichannel from the LPCM & the difference wasn't that great.
                  Re-encoding does not take place. All the receiver/amp will do is detect the number of channels within the LPCM data and route the channels appropriately.

Comment

Working...
                  X