What is affected?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removal for Blu-ray What is affected?

Does cinavia affect playback on ripped movies, or just copies? I drive truck for a living, and find it easier to rip dvd'S to the hard drive than carry a bunch of discs around. I don't want to waste time ripping these movies if it's affected also.

It effects the soundtrack of copied movies but only from a few movie studios like Sony.If you use a hard drive and a computer just use a software player that doesn't see Cinava even the free version of Fab media player will not be effected by those that have Cinava.

If your dvd player in the truck is old it may not see Cinavia.Sometimes real cheap players don't see Cinavia.What you need to do is test a cinavia effected copy or rip in the player in the truck and see if it plays past 20 mins.Cinavia will cut off the audio after 20 mins. if it plays past that it's not effected by cinavia.You can look at fabs list of fixed movies in their Cinavia removal list so you know what disks do have Cinavia in them.If you want to buy the Cinavia removal software from Fab that will take it out so it will play in all players right now it only works for blu ray disks regular dvds will be supported in the future.
    Last edited by 3dman; 10-03-2016, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dman7 View Post
      It effects the soundtrack of copied movies but only from a few movie studios like Sony.
      Sony doesn't put Cinavia on DVDs. Only Universal/Lionsgate have done so, so far.

Comment

sony does too use cinavia - https://www.google.com/#q=studios+that+use+cinavia

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
          Yes, on Blu-rays. The OP was talking about ripping DVDs.

Comment

I think we went off subject a little. I am ripping movies to my laptop because I don't want to carry discs in the truck. So my original question was if the cinavia affect ripped movies or only copies.

Comment

Doesn't matter if you rip a movie or copy a movie the Cinavia can't be removed from the sound.If you play the movie on the laptop using a player that can't see Cinava such as the free version of Fab media player then it doesn't matter if the disk copied or ripped to hard drive has Cinavia it's the player that see's it or doesn't see it.Do you understand now.

Comment

Thank you. That was the answer I was looking for.

Comment

civania

when do you think the remover will come to dvd's

Comment

Working...
                  X