Cinavia removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Question Cinavia removal

I never really got an answer to my question (yes or no). I purchased the Cinavia BD removal software also BD to DVD software : does a title have to appear on the list before the audio watermark can be removed ? I own most blue ray titles and want to convert to DVD disc, so, does a title need to be on a updated list or can I just proceed with the conversion ?? YES PROCEED OR NO WAIT FOR LIST ??
    THANK YOU
    GatorFan6806

Originally posted by danielgaeta View Post
    does a title have to appear on the list before the audio watermark can be removed?
    It must appear on the list as having been "fixed." Remember, titles appear on the list first as having Cinavia, then they get updated when Cinavia can now be removed.
    I own most blue ray titles and want to convert to DVD disc
    Now, I have a silly question. Why would you want to convert a Blu-ray to inferior DVD?

Keep in mind that DVD only players are not affected by Cinavia.

Comment

I would rather loan an inferior dvd to a relative than my blue ray . also some do not have BD players
      GatorFan6806

Comment

thank you for the reply
        GatorFan6806

Comment

Originally posted by MrVideo View Post
          It must appear on the list as having been "fixed." Remember, titles appear on the list first as having Cinavia, then they get updated when Cinavia can now be removed.

Now, I have a silly question. Why would you want to convert a Blu-ray to inferior DVD?

Keep in mind that DVD only players are not affected by Cinavia.
          I'm not sure about DVD players not affected, I purchased a BD player and audio was halted by Cinavia . Maybe there was an incorrect TV setting ??
          GatorFan6806

Comment

I'm not sure about DVD players not affected, I purchased a BD player and audio was halted by Cinavia . Maybe there was an incorrect TV setting ??
            Get an older dvd player that doesn't have internet hookups
            Or put your movies on a media player of Some kind and never have to
            Worry about cinavia.

Comment

I said DVD only players, not Blu-ray/DVD players. DVD only players are not covered by the Cinavia mandate.

Comment

I would rather loan an inferior dvd to a relative than my blue ray . also some do not have BD players
                OK, but for those that do, then a Blu-ray backup would be in order.

Unfortunately, if the Blu-ray player was built after Feb 2013, then it will be infected by Cinavia detection. So, any copy you make, Blu-ray, or DVD, will have Cinavia unless it is on the list as having Cinavia removal available.

Keep in mind that Blu-ray backups will have Cinavia no matter what. Cinavia removal does not work with backups.

Comment

Working...
                X