Future of Cinavia removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Question Future of Cinavia removal

Correct me if I'm wrong but right now, the only way to remove Cinavia is to submit the name of the Movie and the disk log to DVDFAB who will then work on it to remove the Cinavia and then include that fix in future updates, correct?

I'm a novice when it comes to this technology so I will ask a simple question. Will there ever come a time when the DVDFAB product will contain an automatic Cinavia removal feature in the program that will eliminate the need to report to the forum and supply logs, wait for a fix, etc.?

Or is this not feasible to expect.

Thanks.

(Correct me if I'm wrong but right now, the only way to remove Cinavia is to submit the name of the Movie and the disk log to DVDFAB who will then work on it to remove the Cinavia and then include that fix in future updates, correct?)

On this question you only need supply the movies if someone didn't already their are lists for this so you could check it to see if it's already reported their are many different version's of the same movie that need fixing.Theirs also lists color coded for the movies already done and waiting to be done.Fab should work automatically to take it out if it's already fixed. Can't answer the second question but I don't think so.
    Last edited by 3dman; 03-27-2017, 12:10 AM.

Comment

So i purchased this for DVD, not blu-ray.

I now know that buying this program does not guarantee that the dvd will work or not in my player.

I tried Sing, and Hacksaw ridge. The program didnt even show that sing was cinavia protected, i didnt find that out until i played dvd. i went to website to confirm.

Hacksaw Ridge, showed the cinavia symbol and when i clicked on symbol i thought it was going to remove selected audio file. But it still had cinavia protection once i put in player.

Again checked list and this movie was on the list also.

So what it the proper procedure here for this. Must i check list prior to burning to make sure I usable movie afterwards? I will do this for now one for sure. I just was lead to believe by the product that this was the once all cure all for removing cinavia from dvd.

You even got titles on the list going back to 2015....

Comment

Cinavia

3DMAN7 - I appreciate the comments but I knew that already. I should have clarified that I was referring to new releases that obviously have not been submitted. Someone has to report it and send in the log, right? After that, we just have to wait until the fix is shown.

As for the automatic fix for Cinavia, sounds to me like that is not something that will ever happen. I assume this is because each movie with Cinavia is unique and a broad based fix can't be written.

I'd like to be wrong on this so maybe an ADMIN can address this issue to us novice users so we know.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by tommytt View Post
          3DMAN7 - I appreciate the comments but I knew that already. I should have clarified that I was referring to new releases that obviously have not been submitted. Someone has to report it and send in the log, right?
          No need to send in any logs when reporting a new Cinavia infected release. All you really need to do is post the title's name and UPC number.

Comment

Cinavia

Oh, thanks. I guess I wasn't aware.

Comment

Cinivia DVD list

how about posting an ongoing list of which movies Cinavia has been removed from. And make it easy to find. So far, I've gotten nothing out of purchasing the program

Comment

Done https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forumdisplay.php?f=75
                Originally posted by wooddog View Post
                how about posting an ongoing list of which movies Cinavia has been removed from. And make it easy to find. So far, I've gotten nothing out of purchasing the program
                Last edited by CBR929; 04-29-2017, 09:44 PM.
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I, too, have tried to remove Cinavia from several Blu Ray discs and failed. Only one disc has shown the Cinavia logo next to the infected track, and the processing notes a cinavia analysis in progress, and then the program aborts. Other Cinavia products DO NOT show the Cinavia logo next to any audio tracks and no Cinavia processing is noted in the progress lines. Does this product actually work or not?

Comment

CBR929: Your provided link is broken https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forumdisplay.php?f=75
                    Last edited by CBR929; 04-29-2017, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Updated thanks
                      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
                      X