4K Disk Processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Question 4K Disk Processing

I see that 4K titles are present on the Cinavia 2015 Blu-ray list. If 4K movies can not be copied using presently available disk drives, why are they on this list? If they can be copied as, say MKV files, I would like to know how this is accomplished.

See here - http://www.dvdfab.cn/about-4k.htm

Comment

Pioneer recently announced two internal UHD Blu-ray drives for Windows PCs that are due for release in Japan in late February ( this year). Alas, it’s not clear when (presumably it’s a “when,” not an “if”) the players will hit American store shelves. Pricing wasn't announced either.From another source the cheaper of the 2 models was about $200 US.

The two drives—BDR-S 11 J-BK and BDR-S 11 J-X—are relatively similar. They both can play UHD (4K) content.

The company also says that UHD playback requires the Japanese language version of Windows 10.These drives require a system with a Kaby Lake chip (Core i5 or i7), a minimum 6GB of RAM, and Windows 10—
      At this time The company also says that UHD playback requires the Japanese language version of Windows 10.When it makes it here this should change.Also need 4k display device with HDMI 2.0
      More here http://www.pcworld.com/article/31620...s-for-pcs.html

With this said I still don't know why they would also include Cinavia on a 4k disk or if they even could with newer soundtracks so you question is still unanswered even with this info.

A better question would be time has past from when Dvdfab announced they wouldn't support copying 4k disks are their any changes that Dvdfab has changed its mind about this?

If the code was broken or a way to get around it is found will being able to rip to another format or copy be in the works from 4k store brought disks?

That's the questions but I don't expect staff to answer it even if the answer is no.Logic says if someone else does do so Fab would have to or loose a great deal of money but then theirs the prestige of being the first to do so and that kind of thing drives the creator here at Fab so my bet is if it can be done it will in time if theirs enough profit in it to do so.Already TV'S for 4k has come down in price and the cost of 4k computer drives won't be a deal breaker at $200 so this remains to be seen.These are my thoughts yours may differ.Then not everyone has a I-5 or I-7 computer but these are coming down in price as well.

OCT262:That info. you posted doesn't apply as Cinavia cannot be removed from nothing but a Store brought disk or protected iso from such disk.We are talking about 4K movies not anything else.4k store brought movies can't be turned into mkvs.
      Last edited by 3dman; 04-07-2017, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X