Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cinavia removal working not quite as expected

Hi,

I tried to make a backup of the The Adventures of Tintin (of which I own the original) This movie has Cinavia copy/DRM protection and when played on my Cinavia enabled blu-ray player (the old Cinavia free player has died on me) it detects that a copied movie is played back mutes the sound after 20 minutes of play back.

I've tried the Cinavia removal option of DVD Fab HD and noticed that Cinavia was removed succesfully. The player didn't mute the sound after 20 minutes.

However, the sound is now predominantly coming from the left channel(s), completely destroying the surround experience. It's very noticable when played back over headphones (when down mixed to stereo by the the television or surround sound system).

Does anyone have any idea if this issue is fixed or going to be fixed in a next release?

please post the dvdfab internal log files. you can see what audio tracks have been repaired for The Adventures of Tintin here - http://blog.dvdfab.cn/cinavia-protec...tml#discs_list

Comment

We will check the audio channel problem ASAP, thanks!

Please also post the DVDFab internal log file.

Wilson
      Please post your logs the default location is:
      For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
      For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
      If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi vtpeters,

We could not reproduce the problem with movie "The Adventures of Tintin". Please post dvdfab_internal.log file.

Also, we need more detailed info about the devices you used for the playback, and how the devices are connected. Thanks.

Regards,
        Mona

Comment

Sorry for not responding. I haven't received a notification from posts/replies to my thread and will try to fix this by altering my profile settings.

I will provide the requested log file asap.

There's only one thing...
          I don't have a license to the Cinavia removal bit in DVDFab, just the blu-ray and dvd copy options in the application.
          I used the trail license a while ago to try out the Cinavia removal bit to see whether it works properly and found the issue that I posted here.
          Now the trail license for the Cinavia removal bit has expired and when I pop in a Cinavia infected blu-ray DVDFab no longer recognizes that the audio track contains Cinavia protection (no Cinavia logo shown).

How can I try the Cinavia removal bit to supply the requested log files?
          Last edited by vtpeters; 06-14-2018, 11:26 AM.

Comment

How can I try the Cinavia removal bit to supply the requested log files?
            In this case, you can download and install DVDFab to another PC to have a try. Thank you.

Regards,
            Mona

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

In this case, you can download and install DVDFab to another PC to have a try. Thank you.

Regards,
              Mona
              Hi Mona,

The thing is, that I only have one pc/laptop to try this again.

I suppose it's not enough to completely remove DVDFab and re-installing it again (and activating my license for DVDFab DVD COpy and DVDFab Blu-ray Copy) to get another 30 days trail license to use the Cinavia removal bit and try to remove Cinavia (again) from the movie...

Comment

Working...
              X