Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General questions about Cinavia removal

Hi,

I'm a long time DVDFab user and wanted to make a backup copy of a movie I own: The Adventueres of Tintin (2011).
    After inserting the disc in the blu-ray drive and firing up DVDFab, the program shows that the first audio track (English DTS-HD Master/7.1) and second audio track (English AC-3/5.1) are Cinavia infected. The two additional Dutch audio tracks (Dutch and Flemish) do not have Cinavia.
    The DVDFab application shows that Cinavia can only be removed from the first audio track. The Cinavia icon for the second audio track is greyed out.
    After having copied the blu-ray to my hard drive using the Cinavia removal (first time I used this feature, its now disabled because I used up the trail license) the track is still a DTS-HD Master/7.1 track.

Here are my questions:
    Has the original DTS-HD Master /7.1 audio track been replaced by a 'clean' one, uploaded from DVDFab to my computer during copying?
    Or has DVDFab effectively removed the Cinavia signal form the original audio stream?
    Why isn't it possible to remove Cinavia from a copy that is already on your hard drive (ISO or directory structure)?
    How does DVDFab in general handle Cinavia removal?
    In what way is this approach different from other Cinavia removal solutions?

Thanks in advance for your answers

I don`t think cinavia removal works on dvdfab, or they don`t tell you the full story ..Tried a real copy BAD_TEACHER today .. Instructions on how to do it are sparce, and I dont get the line,through the infected track, with the cinavia logo . Just paid for a lifetime membership for this ?

Comment

Originally posted by prologic View Post
      I don`t think cinavia removal works on dvdfab, or they don`t tell you the full story ..Tried a real copy BAD_TEACHER today .. Instructions on how to do it are sparce, and I dont get the line,through the infected track, with the cinavia logo . Just paid for a lifetime membership for this ?
      bad teacher is on the blu-ray fix list but not yet supported - https://blog.dvdfab.cn/cinavia-prote...tml#discs_list
      use the drop down menu to the right of cinavia removal to select Blu-ray disc lists

Comment

The blu-ray movie 'Pirates! Band Of Misfits' is also on the list as being Cinavia infected, and DVD Fab doesn't support that title either.

As stated in my OP, when copting the Cinavia infected blu-ray 'The Adventures Of Tintin' only one audio track shows the icon that indicates that Cinavia can be removed from it. It would seem to me that, once you have the 'trick' down to circumvent Cinavia protection, you'd be able to do that for whatever audio track of that disc. But not so with DVDFab.

This leads me to think, that DVDFab simply replaces the audio track with a Cinavia-free version that was somehow collected from the same title released in other parts of the world...

Comment

Working...
        X