Peculiar reading problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peculiar reading problem

In attempting to back up The Dukes Of Hazzard Season 4 Disc 5, DVDFab reads the total disc size as 15MB, and in ripping mode reads the titles at only a few seconds each. The actual files on the disc are correct, and will play normally.

When I try to make an image of the disc using DVDfab it makes a 15MB iso file which is no longer playable. I want to be able to rip the individual titles for viewing on mobile devices, but theyre showing as a few seconds long and wont rip as playable files.

Has anyone seen this kind of behavior and/or know what is causing this? Is it likely to be a bad disc, or does it sound like a software issue?

I'm currently still on 8.0.0.5. I did also try using PowerISO in combination with Passkey to rip an exact copy iso of the disc, and then reading that iso with DVDFab, and got the same result.

version 8.0.0.5 is old update to latest release version 8.0.5.0 if you need more help.
    The Dukes Of Hazzard are old DVDs try with Pathplayer Disabled for them but update to latest release

Comment

Disabling pathplayer did the trick, thanks a lot! I've seen this error with a random disc here and there before, I'll remember this for the future!

Comment

Originally posted by singemfrc View Post
        Disabling pathplayer did the trick, thanks a lot! I've seen this error with a random disc here and there before, I'll remember this for the future!
        You usually only need to disable path player on older DVD'S not newer ones, just remember to turn it bact to Always Enabled when done
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
          You usually only need to disable path player on older DVD'S not newer ones, just remember to turn it bact to Always Enabled when done
          CBR929
          I know, and now that it's mentioned I do believe they were old discs that this happened on before.

Comment

Working...
          X