This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't Understand

I am new to this DVD to DVD copy thingy. I don't understand what I've read and hope someone can simplify this into Dummy terms for me.

I have Transformers2_D1_Vanilla DVD. I go to copy it to my hard drive and get this info....

DVDFab 6.1.2.5
    DVD to DVD
    Main Movie
    Title 47 2:29:46

DVD5
    Quality 65% (6541 MB -> 4300 MB)

QUESTIONS:
    Did it all copy to my hard drive? or only 65%?
    When I burn it to a DVD, all I have is DVD5 which is 4.7MB and holds 120 minutes. How do I burn this?

Thanks in advance for any information you can pass along to me.

Yes you did get it on your hard drive, but the DVD was compressed at about 35%

If you select DVD9 it will extract to your HD uncompressed.

As for burning you have two options, use DVDFab's "Write Data" mode or use another tools called ImgBurn

PS: I usually like to keep my backups at above 70%, as I view these on a 52" LCD screen. Uncompressed is the BEST obviously, but then you would need to burn to a Dual Layer disc. I got my T2 RotF as about 69% with a little extra cleanup, good enough !!
    Last edited by AlienX69; 11-03-2009, 07:45 PM.
    AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Firstly, the 65% indicates that

1. If you used "Full Disk" mode, the entire contents have been copied to the hard disk and the quality of all the contents has been reduced to 65%.
      2. If you used "Main Movie" mode, the entire movie have been copied to the hard disk and the quality of the movie has been reduced to 65%.

To burn to a DVD use "Write Data" and as you appear to have reduced the size, your burn should fit on a DVD5 (4.7Gb).

The FREE version of Fab does not have a burning engine, so after the 30 day trial, you will have to purchase the "DVD to DVD" module or look at other alternatives that will be far more complex.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

You beat me alien. Too quick !!!
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
          You beat me alien. Too quick !!!
          Yeah but I had to go back and edit, two finger typer .....
          AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Thanks guys for being so nice! I did purchase this program last night for lifetime. I had no problem burning two other DVD's but Transformers didn't want to work for me.

When I did the other two I used DVDFab to burn it with no problems. However, I didn't use the "Write Data" feature, I just burned from Target to Source.

How does the "Write Data" feature work? The same way?

Sorry I'm asking so much.

Comment

Transformers requires that you use the latest version of Fab (6.1.2.5) as it has a new copy protection scheme on it. There are quite a few threads/posts on the subject so I suggest that you use the "SEARCH" feature of the forum and have a read of them.

To use "write data" you just select the hard disk folder or ISO file as the source and your blank DVD as the target.

Comment

k...Thank you. I will try the "Write Data" later.

I did read all the posts concerning Transformers but I didn't understand what I was reading. I was wanting to back up the movie so my grandchildren could destroy the copies instead of my original. You would be surprised how many duplicate copies of movies I have purchased in the past.

Have a wonderful day

Comment

Alien...thanks on the heads up about the 70%. I wasn't sure what the % meant. I guess I will find out when I watch my burned copy.

Again, Thanks!

Comment

If you are not really interested in all the "EXTRAS" on the DVD, you will achieve better quality if you use "Main Movie" mode as DVD Fab does not have as much to compress down to fit on a DVD5.

Another option is to use Double Layer blank DVDs which will the not require any compression at all but are slightly dearer.

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                      slightly dearer.
                      Does that mean you sleep with those ....

@cbculpepper .... also try ImgBurn ... see the link I gave you in my previous post !! I always use ImgBurn, but I'm an ole dude ... spent a lot of time at the ImgBurn forum, before it was called ImgBurn ... you other ole guys know what I'm talkin about !!
                      Last edited by AlienX69; 11-03-2009, 09:12 PM.
                      AX

Comment

Ok, Ok.... More expensive SA.....

Comment

Working...
                        X