Menus on Memphis Belle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Menus on Memphis Belle

I have a strange problem. I am using the Full Disc copy of DVD Copy which apparently works fine. When I try to play the film using Total Media Theatre 3 (TMT) or a Popcorn Hour C200 the menu screen displays but only the menu option to play the film actually works. Other options either do nothing (blank screen) jump out of the program or return to the menu screen. TMT does the same even with the physical DVD! The odd thing though is that everything works correctly with the DVD in a DVD player!

I have tried a few different options in DVD Copy but the result is always the same.

The version of the film is Region 2 from Warner Brothers. Any ideas? Can I give any more information?

If the original physical disk is doing this, honestly, how do you expect Fab to "FIX" it?

It suggests to me that the disk either has funny or non-standard authoring or some poor attempt at copy protection.

I think the first option is to do it in "Main Movie" mode and forget all the other crap that is on the disk.

Another convoluted option is to rip to the hard disk and modifying the authoring outside of Fab with other utilities. This takes time & effort and has a steep learning curve and I personally would not bother.

PS: Set top players are a lot more forgiving when playing back non-standard crap or with errors than software playes/rippers.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
      If the original physical disk is doing this, honestly, how do you expect Fab to "FIX" it?

It suggests to me that the disk either has funny or non-standard authoring or some poor attempt at copy protection.

I think the first option is to do it in "Main Movie" mode and forget all the other crap that is on the disk.

Another convoluted option is to rip to the hard disk and modifying the authoring outside of Fab with other utilities. This takes time & effort and has a steep learning curve and I personally would not bother.

PS: Set top players are a lot more forgiving when playing back non-standard crap or with errors than software playes/rippers.
      Hi GregiBoy,

To be fair I never said that I expected Fab to fix it. I just hoped there was a way. I have copied ovr 700 of my DVD's to HDD all perfectly except for this one. Seems a shame so I just want to find a way. BTW originally I bought xxx xxxxxx to do this but then found Fab much better. xxx xxxxx with Memphis Belle does not even manage to display the menu.

I am certainly not competent enough to use other authoring utilities!

I am suprised at your comments re. set top players being more forgiving. They must be driven by firmware so why the difference? As a layman I would have thought that Fab could completely emulate a set top box.
      Last edited by Guest; 11-30-2010, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X