So Slow making a copy! Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Slow making a copy! Help!

I need help with the latest dvdfab dvd copy. I just bought it last night. I copy all my movies to external hard drives. I usually use [other software], but I wanted to try dvdfab. I went to make a copy of Macgruber and the speed was like 1.25 mb per sec. It took nearly an hour and a half before it was done. All I did is make a full disc copy to my hard drive. I know it's not my dvd drive or my external hard drives because I copied the same movie with my other software in about 15 min. Can somebody help me with this problem?
    Last edited by Guest; 12-09-2010, 12:32 AM. Reason: forum policy

Hi jjmz28
    This does not sound right you can try resetting DMA Open Fab Click the Green top right > General > make sure Check for DMA Automatically is Checked and also Click the Reset DMA to the right click OK and restart Fab and try again or
    please post you logs the default location is:
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s) and post right here.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Did you use the 30 day free trial before buying?

Post the logs.
      Post some details.

Comment

It works great now!! Thanks for the help!! I made a copy of Inception & Shrek the final chapter, and Twighlight Saga-Eclipse with no problems.

Comment

dont know if this was your problem or not but sometime i dont notice the movie is actually playing in a player program after i put the disk in the drive. if I dont close that player it will cause the dvdfab to run super slow. I assume because it keeps going back and forth in the reading.

I just have to make sure I close that other program. I should probably just uninstall it as I dont use it anyhow. it was some free player that came with my burner.

Doug

Comment

@ jjmz28
            Glad it is working for you

@ lorddog
            I just have to make sure I close that other program. I should probably just uninstall it as I dont use it anyhow. it was some free player that came with my burner.
            You could always disable it so that it will not start up when DVD is inserted in your drive, if not "kick it to the curb"
            CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
            X