ARE DOUBLE LAYERS a MUST to "rip"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ARE DOUBLE LAYERS a MUST to "rip"?

Hi all, When ever I attempt to RIP a dvd for back up, If I put in a single layer disc, I basically told to put in a double layer for copy ability. then it proceeds to completion. Any ides as to why?
    thanks. OS is Windows 7 , i5 processor.

Hi,
    every time I attempt to rip a movie for back-up, I'm told I need a double layer(or larger copasity), disc to rip. I have ripped befor with standard discs'. Something new? or am I doing something wrong?
    any ideas would be welcome.
    thanks, have a great holliday
    Last edited by Guest; 12-12-2010, 05:48 PM.

Hi Gaby

On your initial rip to the hard drive make sure you choose the DVD5 as your output on the main screen.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Additionally, if you're using the freeware version of Fab (either by choice or because your 30-day-free trial ran out),
      be aware that the freeware version will not compress...period. It is a ripper only and will not compress or burn.

So if the original file size exceeds ~ 4.3 GB, you'll have to use 3rd party software to compress prior to burning to SL media.
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
      X