Must use DL Media-with paid Ver.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must use DL Media-with paid Ver.

I presented this problem once before and I have seen others post it as well, but no actual fix was known. I'm hoping that a quick fix is now available. I can't back-up any media at the moment because after it reads that a DVD 5 is in the 2nd drive I get a message saying that DL media is required. As in the past, it will fix itself sometime in the next day or two, but we shouldn't have to wait till it feels better. Yes, It's the paid version and it shows "Enabled". Is there a fix for this fault yet? Thanks in advance if anyone knows it.

Hi dan633
    Have you ever posted any logs if not,please post your logs the default location is:
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s) and post right here.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

In order to get a larger log file I copied to a File. It compressed because it shows 4.4GB. I then tried to copy to disk from the file, but got the same Must Use Double Layer Media. At least by keeping it on the HD I can always use another program that allows the use of DVD5 media all the time if necessary. I copied the log files.
      Attached Files

Comment

Look at your quality setting to see if it is set for DVD5.

Have you changed the default setting for the dvd size which is 4300?
        If so what is it set at now.?
        Attached Files

Comment

I see this problem, not unique to me, has not been addressed as yet. Yes it is set for DVD5 and I use a slightly larger portion of the disc for recording, well within a safe range.
          I uninstalled the program and installed one issued at the end of Oct and it worked properly. Hopefully a remedy will be found before I get a DVD that requires a newer version of Fab, or stock up on DL media...

Comment

dan633
            Have you read Gruñón's post how about this one http://forum.dvdfab.com/showpost.php...55&postcount=5
            CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I went to the URL that CBR listed, and it said to: Post Log- Was Done. Be sure to have set on DVD5- I said Yes,it was. Don't exceed 4472 in size. Setting was lower that amount As I said at the beginning of my post/question/help- This occurred before, others have had the same problem and I was hoping that a fix was available. Unfortunately it seems there is not one. Subsequent to my post I found that installing an older version of Fab corrected the fault and is a solution, unless a newer Fab version is required on a new DVD. I didn't mean to recap, but the last reply took me to that path.

Comment

A Fix From Fengtao, But....

I sent this thread to DVDFab and was told to download 8.0.6.0 for it included a Registration Fix. Sure enough, the Must Use Dual Layer Media did not appear!! Too bad it crashed while reading a disc, freezing the timer at 29 sec's with Error 102 showing. On the positive side Version 8.0.6.1 was released pretty quickly and the crash problem was resolved. For now all is working!

Comment

Working...
                X